The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which is better to outsource: kindle books or apps?

Which is better to outsource: kindle books or apps?

• Total voters

SmilingFrog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 23, 2015
Hey fellow fast laners.

I'm thinking of hiring somebody through odesk to either create an app for me or to create a kindle book.

I was hoping to learn about what it takes to get a product onto market and how to actually market it in order to drive downloads and get paid.

I am just not sure where to begin.Is there perhaps another way to learn these skills?

I just need to start, I need to do something, I am tired of sitting around doing nothing to take control of my life and my freedom.

What are your thoughts about this process?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'm guessing that you can read words but you don't understand code. Quality checking is easier to do on things that you understand.

That being said...they both come with pros and cons.

You sound like you may be getting ahead of yourself though. You're deciding on a solution before you've spotted a problem, need, or gap in the market. (so it seems)

Why an app or a kindle book? (I've done both so I don't have a problem with either)

Is the world lacking information about a certain subject? Is there a market that is craving more information? Do you plan on outsourcing a fiction novel with the hopes that it gets read? (it probably won't). Is there a giant need that a smartphone can solve if only the software was written for it?

If you just want to do something then you can study up on a subject that people are interested in and write a book about it yourself. This will give you some experience when it comes to bringing a product to life and it won't cost you anything.

Think of it as practice.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
It sounds to me like you think you can take the easy way, outsource the real work with a unneeded product on a popular marketplace and play a big entrepreneur fantasy with little effort and time.
It won't work. Ideas like the "4 hours workweek" are scams used to sell you stuff you don't need.
Put in the hours and sweat to do something that can actually provide value to customers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.