The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I started this thread to see where fellow fastlaners see themselves in 5 years, whether it's be in business, with family or even retired. I also figured we needed a little break from the "I have an Idea" threads.

Imagine your 5 years in the future.

What have you accomplished in the last 5 years?

Have you accomplished any of the goals you are striving for right now?

Is your Business, Family or Health where you want it to be?

Are you happy?

Are you still struggling?

Have you conquered all that you have set out to conquer and you are now just sitting back relaxing on a beach somewhere with a pina-coloda enjoying life?

Speak as if your already there and have fun with it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

My plans for complete world domination have been realized.

In the process, I have enslaved no one (lol), but provided jobs for many.

I was happy 5 years prior, so now 5 years later I'm even more happy.

I have great friends and business partners all over the world. I'm constantly traveling to different locations around North America, Europe and beyond, enjoying the culture, learning new things, and seeking out new opportunities.

Even with the world conquered, the hustle doesn't stop. I'm still actively pursuing new business ventures and real estate opportunities. I'm providing seed/venture capital to ambitious young upstarts like I was 5 years ago.

Yeah, that's essentially what's going to happen. :)

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
Well, that's something that I really answer. Even thought it's kinda dreamy thing here but still, makes everyone wonder ....

My Goal :

Well, simply, being financial independent and own my own home and car. Not too fancy but really sweet home.

When it comes to business, yeah I do work on something now, sometimes when I'm in bed and before I fall asleep I wonder "What if the market doesn't need what I can give... ?" and that's usually freaking me out but after that I realize I get traffic from more than 50 countries and people do look for what I can provide.

My business has its difficulties as any other but I'm optimistic about it and I keep on fighting for good reputation, more clients, ect.

I am that kind of person that even though I have enough that I can retire I wont do it, simply, I love to do stuff, I love to work, I can't just hang out all day and do nothing.

So In five years I do see myself working!

About my health: well, i believe it's gonna be the same, Im trying to eat healthy stuff (well, i do eat pizza and stuff like that from time to time) but I like to cook too and at least I know what I have put on my table!

Am I happy? - Well, that depend on a lot of factors, I cannot explain but my life is difficult (yeah, everyone has problems but mine are a lil bit different) and in order for me to be happy, I need to feel secured, loved and surrounded by warmness. Sounds so cliche but its the truth. Not sure how the life will turn for me, but we'll see.

Am I still struggling? - I believe the problems never really ends. That's what life is and I have accept it, the thing is that we have to deal with them and just move on.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Thanks for replying Guys. Here's my future self:

Business:

My business has flourished, especially in the last 2 years. I have many products on the market now. Just starting to get some international attention. My one product for children has become a sensation. We expanded the product line and currently have licensing deals with Disney, Nickelodeon and many other companies. I have something that I've been planning for years and am about to go full throttle with it. This, hopefully, will be the product that leads to my early retirement. Over the years, I have satisfied the needs of millions of happy customers!

Family:

Since I'm getting married in a few moths, I see myself with 2 young children. Planning for a 3rd which will probably be my limit. My beautiful wife has quit her career in nursing in order to take care of the kids and travel the world with me. That has always been our dream and it has finally come to fruition. We couldn't be happier. Well actually we could - When I finally retire!

Health:

I've always been a healthy person and a gym rat since I was a young so nothing much has changed here. I'm still running and going to the gym whenever I possibly can. I've been taking Jiu Jitsu for the last few years and am very close to becoming a black belt. I have also been getting involved in some extreme sports such as snowboarding and mountain climbing.

AHHH Life is Good!

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
Business: I would have sold my FIRST business for over $100 million dollars(after taxes). Looking for new ventures and industries to consolidate. At this point, I may not own a private jet, but I'll most certainly be flying private, moving forward.

Personal: Involved with a wonderful young lady(under 30y/o). Living in a nice loft in NYC and a 2nd home in France or South/Central America.

Fun: Traveling to locations that I have interest in visiting. I would have acquired my commercial pilot license for helicopter flying. Season tickets to any sporting team(NFL and NBA) that I choose.

Health: In the best shape of my life and added a few pounds of muscle mass. Yes, even at age 43y/o.

FSF

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2012
I like this thread, its got me thinking of my timeline.

In the last 5 years I've been treading water except for having my son, which was a very big accomplishment for me :) Same job the entire 5 years, same home, and same husband haha.

My goals for the future 5 yrs:

Complete the bone structure of our fastlane within 6 months
Quit my 9-5 within the year
Work around the clock creating graphics and articles
Hire my first freelance designer and writer to help me expand my fastlane within 2 years
Have my second baby within 2 years
Hire 5 more freelance within the 3 years
Resist upgrading my house until we've made it, this one is super hard!
Keep adding empolyee's possibly up to 20 before selling our fastlane business within 5-6 years

Wow, that really is MY perfect plan :)

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
My business consistently cash flows 7 figures per month. I'm a 34-year old retired millionaire who has successfully invested in cash-flowing assets and travels regularly to all the destinations I've lusted after in Robb Report. Time and money are abundant and my wife and I have the freedom to make love multiple times a day. I'm both a P90X and P90X-2 graduate.

I struggle a bit to catapult myself to the next stage of my financial plan...becoming a billionaire professional investor who finances the growth and prosperity of society.

I am at the happiest stage of my life because I no longer prostitute my time. I have the rest of my life to live my living instead of earn my living.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I can't wait to see you guys complete your dreams and start giving back to our community.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I can't wait to see you guys complete your dreams and start giving back to our community.

Thanks. The purpose of the thread was to have members write down where they expect to be then look back on it every so often to see if their staying the course. It will help you focus to reach your goals. Writing down where you want to be and reading it often will remind you of what you will have to do to get there.

Too bad a thread like this doesn't get as much exposure as some of the non-sense threads that have been started lately.

kirrubi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Dec 26, 2011
California
I see myself living in california, having my business generating 6 figures a month having all the time i need to dedicate myself to teach and love my boys, having quality time with my wife doing what any normal family do, going to the supermarket and having the freedom to buy what we whant regardless of the price and feeling the security in having the money to pay it for, little gift to my sons as long the do well in the boys scouts, school and learning to be Fast laners.
i do drive a orange Lamborghini Aventator for fun.
i do travel many times a year with my family to other countries and we have a home to comeback to.
i do help my parents and my in laws to have a great old age free of money concerns.
i do help my friends and loved ones to have a richer and fullfilling lifes.
i do help in charities i suport with money and my work.
And many more to archive.

thank you

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Business: My product distribution business will be cashflowing at least 200k/yr and I will be expanding the services offered as well as the products or a liquidation event. I get bored easily and I am constantly trying new things so a liquidation event could allow me to focus on other projects.

Investments: I will own at least 10 cashflowing units with plans in place for more as well as some potential for developement projects market willing. I will also return to the trading scene utilizing options to purchase great companies for a good price as well as selling covered calls.

Fun: I will go back to my mountain roots with some much needed heliboarding and fishing trips. Add in some tax deductable international travel and a slew of other outdoor sports and life should be pretty good.

I have no intention of retiring anytime soon as I do not know what I would do with myself. I enjoy business and investing and would love to start a VC company to help others get their ideas off the ground. If not a VC then teaching some entrepreneurship classes at a University would be fun. I hope to be able to share my passion for business with others and help them to realise theirs.

Posting my success story is going to be one of the most enjoyable things I will ever write.

Thank you all for your support

mmtprofile

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2011
I am incredibly happy because my relationships with my girlfriend is going very well. I absolutely love my business and all of my outsourced workers. I enjoy every minute of my day and my team can manage 80% of the business. I give them direction and they execute. I take 12 weeks off each year to travel and study. I come back refreshed and focused.

I have excellent relationships with many of the top internet marketers (which is already happening).

I have started writing my first book and I teach from the stage.

It's what I've always wanted.

Moneymadness

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jan 15, 2012
Bay Area, CA
My business has skyrocketed within the last two years. I am backed by a excellent team behind me. I have just been recently offered 100 million for my company.

Since my most of my time isn't spent working, I'm busy looking into other business opportunities and executing new ideas. I am preparing to launch a new product in the market. I have multiple investment properties and apartment units I own free and clear which pumps out cash flow every month. At this age of 28, I really don't have any real intentions to retiring just yet.

As for my health I am very lean and healthy and finally achieve my weight goal of 185lbs. I'm always running and actively involved in new sports and activities. At this point, I finally quit smoking.

During the year my wife(currently my girlfriend at the moment) and I are traveling to all the exotic places. I am always learning new skills and languages, constantly growing and improving myself.

As for the toys lol, I finally own my dream car, a white Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 that I take out on the weekend. I also own a normal work truck and a nice SUV. As for the crib, I live in a stunning beautiful home parked on a hill with a ocean view for a backyard. I have a pool table, a miniature bar, a arcade filled with a variety of old game to modern days games, a home theater for movies nights, huge fireplace, a balcony and a nice patio with a BBQ kit for parties where I am surrounded by the warmth feeling of family and friends.

As for the community, I will be donating to charities, helping the less fortunate. I see myself telling my journey from the fast lane in a business class. I will finally share my success story on this forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.