The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where can I pitch to get funding for a cause?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Ready2bfamous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 4, 2010
PCB, Florida
I have a website that I want to create as a one stop shop to help people get the correct answers. I want to scale it up. The thing is, I am not charging or selling anything on the site. I am more trying to help put the information in one place. I want to scale it up, but my budget doesn't allow me to have several pieces of content. Or a revamp of the site.

I know that this is a VERY lucrative niche & I have talked to many peers that it would be an awesome feat to have all this information in one place.

Where would I be able to get funding. I have a feeling that this will come together & get very popular. It's pretty popular in my small circle.

I really want to get my message out since it deals with a very sensitive topic to talk about but it will help in the long run.

Any suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
There is already a place called Yahoo Answers and Wiki Answers.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Dude, come back when you can answer intelligently. Learn some stuff before posting fluff answers. Thanks

I think he meant those were sites that already provided a "one stop shop to help people get the correct answers" as you said in your 1st post :)

sam22

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 23, 2012
California
I have a website that I want to create as a one stop shop to help people get the correct answers. I want to scale it up. The thing is, I am not charging or selling anything on the site. I am more trying to help put the information in one place. I want to scale it up, but my budget doesn't allow me to have several pieces of content. Or a revamp of the site.

I know that this is a VERY lucrative niche & I have talked to many peers that it would be an awesome feat to have all this information in one place.

It's a lucrative niche but you're not charging or selling anything? Are you thinking of ads as your main source of income?

And how's your site different from Wolfram Alpha, Quora, LinkedIn answers, and heck, Siri?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
You could try searching "get angel investor"

Often you have to pay for a decent service, but it gets you access to people with very deep pockets that are looking to invest in the next big thing.

I have used one of these services before and made a useful contact that I can approach with ideas in an attempt to get investment, after three project ideas I was yet to get a commitment but there are many people that do on the first go.

Ready2bfamous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 4, 2010
PCB, Florida
I may have jumped that one but I am looking for being an authoritative site in regards to Fixing Credit.

How I know I'll be different is because a lot of the information regarding to fixing your credit is scattered or a few years old. A lot has happened since then. I want to be able to clump the information together. I also want to be able to add a few things as far as apps to enable the person who comes to the site, they will be able to utilize the tools to further their ability to obtain the desired results.

I know personally when I was trying to clean up my credit after using a faulty credit repair company, I had extreme difficulty finding EVERYTHING I needed in order to be successful. I have talked to a vast amount of people who have reported or told me that it would be a good idea to get all the information bundled in one stop instead of going all over the internet to finding their answers.

I want to raise money so that I can continue raising awareness to help others take a proactive step towards fixing their credit. It's a VERY important cause that I feel people need to be more aware of. I just am not able to do it at the scale I want to with my income. I don't know EVERYTHING however I do know a few things, it's good income, for the little traffic I do get, I make good adsense revenue. I would like to be able to target more keywords that would reach more of an audience.

I ultimately want to help raise credit awareness. If you have seen my past posts where I was homeless. If I had good credit at the time, I would have been be able to be more secure. And safe. Credit is everything & if you aren't taking care of your credit, then you aren't taking care of business in my opinion.

Thanks, now I am jumping off my soap box.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
If i understand correctly, you want something better than Creditforums.com?

I would look into any government-funded programs or grants about this. Specially as you are not looking for profits or selling anything, you could get in touch with the freddie mac foundation and others similar to see their level of interest.

Ready2bfamous

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jul 4, 2010
PCB, Florida
If you look through Credit Forums, Credit Magic. Most the information provided is 2009-and older. This information needs to be updated every few years with how to rebuild your credit, etc.

Some of the laws have been changed, there has been new developments, etc. It needs to be updated.

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
I am an active member of creditforums and the forum is active daily with newer information, BUT there is a need to consolidate that new information in a simple and efficient delivery style other than a message board.

D

DeletedUser2

looked at your site.

we have a credit ebook site, we make pretty decet money off it. why not just sell your own stuff, and improve.
it wont cost you much to do it.

investor? you dont need one really, you just need to sell what you know.

what would you do with the money you raised? how much would you even need?

if you really need $ and have good credit now, go to
Personal Loans and Online Investing - Peer to Peer Lending - Prosper

done deal.
fast.

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.