The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whent to know to stop business idea and move on? What do "failures" look like?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Oct 28, 2023
It seems like a lot of successful entrepreneurs who failed describe their failures as something like "I made $100K, but the market dried up and my supplier ran out". For me (and I'm guessing many others) my failures are more about never getting it off the ground. For example, dropshipping (tried several products with different ads, but not 1 sale) or my app so far (created an app which garners interest, but haven't got people to actually pay and give me their hard earned money). Do these count as "failures"?
Currently working on my app previous post but there's something inside me that tells me to start over. But at the same time, I don't know if I should ignore this voice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nikkko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Dec 31, 2023
I think you don't need to stop it, the real question is, is the thing really needed? Also, the world is a great compass. Their reactions depend on what you do. If you dont get sales, it means that your product isn’t really needed, or, if it has a terrible queen(marketing). You should also build a brand, something unique from others. Ensure your product is different and better from the competition. If you are just reselling, it isn’t innovating, and is therefore, not needed. On the marketing side, you can try collab with popular people, since they already have reach. Or, use tiktok, shorts, reels, aggressively. Of course, your advertising needs to show how it will benefit the buyer. Not the features. You also need to tell something about the product that adds some sort of depth, like “lose tons of fat!” To “Shred your pounds” or, etc. You also need to advertise a feature and add specific things to it, like shakey’s “Delivered in 30 minutes or its free!”. This approach is more better than “delivers fast” because it is specific, and has a benefit to the customer when you don't meet their expectations.

Well, don’t consider it s failure! Unless it’s not needed. It just means you’re not doing something that causes such events to happen. It means you are lacking an action. Something to kickstart sales.

Dont take it seriously though! Im still starting to execute. It’s much better for you to get a second opinion! It’s just what I believe that will work.

G

Guest6x3pod4

It seems like a lot of successful entrepreneurs who failed describe their failures as something like "I made $100K, but the market dried up and my supplier ran out". For me (and I'm guessing many others) my failures are more about never getting it off the ground. For example, dropshipping (tried several products with different ads, but not 1 sale) or my app so far (created an app which garners interest, but haven't got people to actually pay and give me their hard earned money). Do these count as "failures"?
Currently working on my app previous post but there's something inside me that tells me to start over. But at the same time, I don't know if I should ignore this voice.
It's not over until it's over! Look man, sounds to me like your trying really hard to create products that don't require "inventory". Drop ship... apps... I know you didn't ask but I'll give my opinion anyways... You're not putting any skin in the game therefore you have an easy exit!
Have you ever wanted to create/invent a product? Maybe something you could sell on amazon and beyond? Take those digital skills and put them towards running targeted ads for an item people can hold in their hands!

G

Guest6x3pod4

It's not over until it's over! Look man, sounds to me like your trying really hard to create products that don't require "inventory". Drop ship... apps... I know you didn't ask but I'll give my opinion anyways... You're not putting any skin in the game therefore you have an easy exit!
Have you ever wanted to create/invent a product? Maybe something you could sell on amazon and beyond? Take those digital skills and put them towards running targeted ads for an item people can hold in their hands!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.