The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What supplements are you consuminig?

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I'm curious since a lot of you are health addicts what supplements are you currently taking?

I'm taking a Vitamin B Complex for the brain/energy, "Vitamin D+calcium+magnesium+phosphorus" pill because bone issues run in my family and I'm inside all the time, and "caffeine+vitamin c" to speed up my metabolism, energy, and it helps oxidizes fat which helps my vitamin D pill since that's fat soluble.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
I've taken/tried quite a few supplements in the last years as part of my strategy to regain my health. It's paid off much more than I'd ever imagine (along with other protocols including a revamp and evolution in how I eat) It can often depend on the individual to what seems to work best for them and also context dependant.
I'm sure you'll get others telling them of you stacks and so forth.

I just wanted to add, that not all supplements are made the same. A b complex by one company can be very different to another or the same brand can be very different if they have formula changes.It's worth researching or experimenting with different brands. A good well known (in some circles) example would be the use of B12 sublinguals. There are massive forum boards on just trying different types for chronic fatigue sufferers where they test (lots of N=1) different products

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
On a daily basis I take Centrum Men's Multivitamin, Nutrilite Fruit and Vegetable Supplement, and GNC Vitamin C, along with a whole mess of Nootropics (I have them recorded in my thread on Nootropics)

I workout everyday, most days I run 4 miles at around 5:45am and then my weight room workout is at around 5:00 pm. If I am really tired for the afternoon workout I will take Cellucore C4 Extreme (Never get watermelon) and then after I take GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protein mixed with milk.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
All you really need, if you eat right (Paleo!), is D-3, Probiotics, and Omega 's. I also take ZMA before bedtime, and have just started taking brainstack.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Trutein protein shake first thing in the morning and a daily multivitamin.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
ummm.......none?
I eat real food.

:reading:

My diet probably lacks the ability to give me all the nutrients I need. I follow a weak-version of the CRON diet which is caloric restrictive, but I mainly try to get fats/proteins so I usually just buy pizzas, tuna cans, and mustard. And I water fast.

That's not a recipe for a healthy diet. But it works for my goals.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Vitamin D, Orange Triad , 3g fish oil, Reishi, Superfoods

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Nothing, I'm not even sure that I'm eating healthy. When it comes to food, my biggest issue is not so much what I eat or what to eat, but NOT TO EAT.

Marty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Jan 1, 2013
MultiVitamin, Whey Protein, Creatine, Calcium, Omeg 3 Fish Oil, St. Johns Wart, Hydroxycut.
Forgot to put potassium also.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Check out Optimum Nutritions Gold Standard 100% Whey.
Love it, mixes well, tastes amazing, solid post-workout and pre-sleep.

Monster Milk by Cytosport gave me gains as well, as long as your workouts are intense enough to make you dizzy, lol.

Omega-3s, fish oil, and lots of fruits and veg.

Tetras

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Feb 15, 2013
One note on supplements... make sure if you are using magnesium you are not using magnesium oxide and are using magnesium chelate. Oxide is not bioactive, and only 23% or so is used by your body.

I occasionally use supplements, but I mainly forget them. Fish oil, magnesium at the moment, but not daily. Don't really see much of a difference.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
  • I take squalene fish oil for my brain and heart. But if you eat a right amount of food and a daily exercise, it helps you to be more healthy and energetic, although you take a vitamins, it is not enough to make your body strong. And a right amount of sleep.

mworwell

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 20, 2013
bee-pollen - Y.S Bee Co Farms
whey protein - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey
creatine - Optimum Nutrition
fish oil - Super Omega 3 Gems
multivitamin - Alive whole food energizer

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A One-a-day for Men and a post workout protein shake.

Which reminds me, I gotta take it right now

hardknock

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 26, 2013
All you really need, if you eat right (Paleo!), is D-3, Probiotics, and Omega 's. I also take ZMA before bedtime, and have just started taking brainstack.
Good idea but not likely or sufficient for someone in my position.

Due to my weight lifting lifestyle, I consume upwards of 6500 calories a day and sometimes 7-8,000. I would actually waste more money trying to eat purely food (the exact types for my body) than I have using 80% food, 10% meal replacements shakes, 10% supplements. Since I have a direct access to nearly any supplement for under wholesale cost, it is more viable for me to use this above ratio.

Currently I use an Iso protein which allows for quicker absorption, has very little if any fat, and very few grams of sugar, app 1g.

I use a meal replacement protein during my breakfast, lunch, dinner, which includes whole meals. The meal replacement is much heavier and ideal for early mornings as it contains more carbs and fats. Also ideal before a workout as i need the extra carbs and fats + proteins to help with early recover. I hate whole food meals before a workout due to extreme stomach pain and chances of hurling it up.

I use other products that I sell (testosterone boosters, creatine, Ldopa, green tea extract, NOW multivitamin, fish oils as well).

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
Only the one I'm designing! About to begin the 3rd round of testing on myself. So far, the only side effect has been a little stomach discomfort for the first 12 hours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.