The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Should I Name My Existing Publishing Business?

cutefinger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 9, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I sincerely thought about which thread to post this, but the General Entrepreneurship and Startup seems to be the only one I thought would fit.

Apologies to the moderator if otherwise.

First of all, I want to say a VERY BIG thank you to MJ, Vigilante, Likwid and every one who has contributed inspiring & educative posts so far.

I spent the last 6 months lurking on this forum, reading, jotting down points (I have a note pad full) that I read over and over again so I can apply them in my business.

Anyway. So using all the ideas I learn't in TMF and on this forum, I started my publishing business.

I went headlong into this, created my first product (took me 3 months of hard work as I work full time) and launched it with my name.

First month, I made $1,000. I am in my second month and I made $1100 already. I predict that by the end of this month, I should hit $1,500.

I started this business with just $150 left in my bank account.

I took my time to learn online publishing. Writing sales letter. I read so many books on email writing and using wordpress etc.

I created my website with Optimize Press and I am scaling it up by re-investing every single cash I made back into the business.

Now, here's where I am stuck. I need a business name that I can use for my business.

To be honest, before coming on here to share this post, I have spent the last 2 - 3 weeks deep thinking about it and never came up with any solid name.

So wondering if I can get any idea on here. I am not sure if its actually a good idea to solicit for it. Just hope I won't get bashed too much for it.

But here's what I am looking for. A single or double word name that I can say without having to spell. I am not looking for an easy way out. Just maybe suggestions & discussion that would spur an idea for a name.

And my publishing business mantra is: Committed to growing people beyond what they can accomplish on their own.

Look forward to getting some helpful feedback please. Thanks very much.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm not great at coming up with business names myself. I find it's easiest to get good feedback if you tell more about the message you're trying to portray, or how you differentiate yourself from your competition. Also, if you throw out a few examples of stuff you have in mind so far, even if you don't love them, you'll get better feedback.

cutefinger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 9, 2012
I'm not great at coming up with business names myself. I find it's easiest to get good feedback if you tell more about the message you're trying to portray, or how you differentiate yourself from your competition. Also, if you throw out a few examples of stuff you have in mind so far, even if you don't love them, you'll get better feedback.

Thanks Snowbank. The message is: Committed to growing people beyond what they can accomplish on their own

I came up with "Tunity" which is out of the word "opportunity" and also came up with "Quantum" which is a general word and I doubt if I would get that as there is a name with the formation house (UK) with that same word. SO I doubt I would be able to register it if I need to.

deevan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
May 22, 2013
SF Bay Area, California
How about something with the word leverage, or a synonym ? (or a made up word with one of these)
Leverage Publishing or Press
Ascendant Publishing or Press
Amplify Publishing, Amp Publishing,
Multipress (multiply people's efforts press)

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
Heard good things about these guys when it comes to brand names:

We create amazing company names | Frozen Lemons, a Company Naming Agency

You can pay for a package of 4 names, and they come up with some really interesting names that have the .com domain freely available. I reviewed one of their orders at one time (did not order myself, just a friend of mine), honestly they were good choices. Comes with the name, and a short explanation of how they got with it, what it means, etc..

JPBB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Aug 24, 2011
Texas
BrainFarm Publishing
Linguistic Leverage
CuteFinger Publishing
The Knowledge Transfer

Michael Raphael

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 22, 2013
New York & Florida
Quantam Publishing... keep it classy something along those lines. And you can have a really cool logo, seriously I can prob get one of my designers to make you one.

G

GuestUser112

Sup people this is my first post ever on this forum. Just finished reading Millionaire Fastlane for the third time, glad to be here. Anyway.

WebBooks
Authortunity - (This one tickles me, I'll be very pleased if you adopt it)
BigHouse Publishing
Hermes Publishing - (Greek god of messages.....no?)
Leg Up Publishing
Lifeline Publishing
HGH Publishing (Human Growth Hormone...lol)

karmazon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 12, 2012
Orange County, Ca
I always thought if the biggest consumer electronics company in the world can be named "Apple" than you can get away with almost any name for your business. That being said, some of my ideas:

Mindwealth

GrowHouse Publishing

Devuu(a bit 'web 2.0', comes from "Develop Yourself")

cutefinger

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 9, 2012
I can't believe its been nearly 6 months I put up this request. Thanks very much for all your help. I finally coined a name from suggestions above and will be registering it. Will mention the name I coined after successful registration.

many thanks everyone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.