The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What makes a great CEO?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MVProduct

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Dec 12, 2013
Before you go ahead and dismiss the title of this thread to be rudimentary, hear me out.

I'm curious to know your thoughts on what makes an effective startup CEO. What's the difference between an average CEO and a great CEO?

What are some important traits that define a great CEO? Let me first off state the traits that I think make a great CEO. They are decisive, tough, calm, resourceful, empathetic, and carry a strong emotional intelligence, etc. Agree/disagree?

Secondly, all entrepreneurs who start their own companies become CEOs- but does that really mean each and every entrepreneur has the ability to be a great CEO? I feel like there's a lot more to this topic.

Finally, where can one go to develop the skills to learn how to be a CEO? There are tons of resources and courses for those interested in becoming, say- a Project Manager, a Business Developer, a sales person, etc, but none really focus on CEO disciplines and practices. Ideally I'd like a course that goes over things like techniques, principles, personality, etc, of great CEOs and maybe even some case studies on successful CEOs and the attitude/personality they had while running their company.

On another note- how can a shy introvert become an effective CEO? It's difficult because there are individuals out there with big and loud personalities, and sometimes they can be intimidating. They'll talk over you, ignore you, and take others away from your presence- thereby creating a perception to others that you're not a leader nor have the ability to be CEO of your own company. This has happened far too many times in my life, and I despise it. I like having power and being able to lead others, but when some big mouth comes my way and talks over me- it absolutely makes me cringe. How can I overcome this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
How can I overcome this?

Easy. You don't need to become the CEO as an entrepreneur. Create the business, then find someone smarter than you to run it for you as CEO.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.