The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the best possible way to break into the internet services market.

Idea threads

Trephy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 15, 2023
Hello fastlaners, this is my first post on here so I thought I would introduce myself. I am a 15 year old "hustler" from the beautiful country of Bulgaria. Despite my age I have made decent profits on side hustles like reselling and digital e-commerce. Also I am a freelancing web developer on the side to keep money coming in.

I wanted to ask your opinion on my new business idea today but first I'll give some backstory: I was on a trip to the UK (love it here lads) and noticed how most cafes, restaurants and any building with free wifi really, made use of login pages that took my email and made me agree to their TOS - actively giving them more data about me - the customer.

Back home not many, if any businesses do that. You need to go through the tedious process of asking your waiter/staff member for the password and then get access, giving them none of your info and data.

My idea is to break into that market and advertise it as a marketing strategy - businesses get more info and a way to contact their customer - effectively giving them more clients and providing value.

I do not worry about development since I have experience in things like that but my biggest issue is no one wanting to adopt that for various reasons - maybe they don't have the marketing team to send email, maybe they don't think it will be worth it, maybe I am too young for them to trust me. I think my marketing would be to cold email local restaurants and walk into them, speaking to their owner/manager and seeing if they are interested.

Now I need to decide on a price since my expenses are minimal - 50-100$ for the server to host multiple clients on and a better way to market myself because I am ridden with doubt I will get told to just f off and have to drop the idea.

Appreciate your help and have a great and productive day ahead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Hello fastlaners, this is my first post on here so I thought I would introduce myself. I am a 15 year old "hustler" from the beautiful country of Bulgaria. Despite my age I have made decent profits on side hustles like reselling and digital e-commerce. Also I am a freelancing web developer on the side to keep money coming in.

I wanted to ask your opinion on my new business idea today but first I'll give some backstory: I was on a trip to the UK (love it here lads) and noticed how most cafes, restaurants and any building with free wifi really, made use of login pages that took my email and made me agree to their TOS - actively giving them more data about me - the customer.

Back home not many, if any businesses do that. You need to go through the tedious process of asking your waiter/staff member for the password and then get access, giving them none of your info and data.

My idea is to break into that market and advertise it as a marketing strategy - businesses get more info and a way to contact their customer - effectively giving them more clients and providing value.

I do not worry about development since I have experience in things like that but my biggest issue is no one wanting to adopt that for various reasons - maybe they don't have the marketing team to send email, maybe they don't think it will be worth it, maybe I am too young for them to trust me. I think my marketing would be to cold email local restaurants and walk into them, speaking to their owner/manager and seeing if they are interested.

Now I need to decide on a price since my expenses are minimal - 50-100$ for the server to host multiple clients on and a better way to market myself because I am ridden with doubt I will get told to just f off and have to drop the idea.

Appreciate your help and have a great and productive day ahead.
I think you can try this, no upfront costs. What happens if they say no? Nothing. Especially if you look back 5-10-15 years from now, who cares if you fail?(you and your customers will, if you succeed) Go for it, good luck.

Trephy

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 15, 2023
I think you can try this, no upfront costs. What happens if they say no? Nothing. Especially if you look back 5-10-15 years from now, who cares if you fail?(you and your customers will, if you succeed) Go for it, good luck
I think I will go with cold calls/emails before in-person presentation as it is less demanding of mine and their time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.