The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What department in Commercial Real estate will give you the best

anunez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 13, 2007
Bay area
training to become a successful apartment Real Estate Investor. I just passed my Real Estate Broker exam and want to learn about apartment investing. What company in the Bay Area would offer me the training to become successful. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Re: What department in Commercial Real estate will give you the

no idea about brokers over there, just wanted to congratulate you in getting your license. Well done!

Dooley

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 2, 2009

Congratulateions anunez!

I'm not in this industry but somehow I read a book and like to recommend ''''Why You're Dumb, Sick & Broke and How to Get Smart, Healthy & Rich!'' -from Randy Gage. It talks a lot about Real estate and network marketing, interesting and useful advices.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States

If you are looking at starting from scratch? If so, knowledge is the most important. Well, that and contacts.

Check out Marcus & Millichap or CB Richard Ellis. They have some decent rookie programs.

John909

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 14, 2009

The term is "due diligence", not "do diligence". Conducting a diligence investigation for commercial real estate transactions is essential. The level of diligence required while investigating commercial real estate is the amount required to answer in the affirmative all questions that must be answered "yes" and to answer in the negative all questions that must be answered "no" to enable the property to be used as intended.:smxG:

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 12, 2010

training to become a successful apartment Real Estate Investor. I just passed my Real Estate Broker exam and want to learn about apartment investing. What company in the Bay Area would offer me the training to become successful. Thanks.

congratulations in passing the real estate Broker exam. Try to check the wealthclasses website.

Kontent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jul 16, 2009
East Bay, CA

Congratulations on passing the exam. That is definitely on the horizon for me (next 6 months or so). I'm currently reading (again x 3-5 lol) "How to Buy & Sell Apartment Buildings" by Eugene & Stephen Vollucci. I've been working on improving my knowledge in all areas of this, and do want to learn how to invest specifically in the medium size (18-100 units). I am in the Bay as well, are you trying to invest around here?

LesG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 15, 2010
San Francisco

Consider CCIM courses
and how about CPM courses.

Of course, there is the read at the library approach
and also work for a property manager approach
or mentor with an apt buyer approach.

Hawk07

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jun 16, 2010
Iowa

I would follow SteveO's advice here. 2 books. Vollucci and Berges. Model successful investors and your chances at success will multiply.

1. Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apt Buildings
2. How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings
3. Call and talk with your local Commercial Realtors who specialize in Apartments, tell them what you are looking to do...etc?

danielhenry31

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 8, 2010

Implementation of a due diligence investigation for commercial real estate transactions is essential. The level of care in the treatment of commercial property is the amount required to answer yes to all questions must be answered yes and answer no to all questions answered no and the property must be used correctly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.