Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Website for New Business

Discussion in 'The Fastlane' started by SeanKelly, Aug 25, 2013.

1. SeanKelly

SeanKelly 100 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $298
    I will be starting a home services company (basically facility services but residential), and would like to know whether I should create the website myself with wix.com or have someone build it. Not sure of the pros/cons. Also anyone with experience have any suggestions of whether residential or commercial is better to go after? I personally feel that both markets are massive. Thanks guys

2. zendolphin

zendolphin Warp 5 LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $24,740
    for less than 500 bucks can get a good odesker to do it for you. and you can focus on selling.

Z
    Enki and SeanKelly like this.
  3. tincho1492

tincho1492 110 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10
    If you want a simple/static website, go to themeforest.net, purchase a template for $10-15 and hire someone to customize it. It won't take the developer more than a couple of hours, and you'll have it made for $50-70.
    1 person likes this.
  4. britnidanielle

britnidanielle 70 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $415
    Or....do a DIY wordpress site using a free theme. I did my blog, Britni Danielle, myself.

I am decidedly anti-Wix because, to my knowledge, your URL will be something like: wix.com/mybusiness or mybusiness.wix.com.

Get a self-hosted wordpress site & customize it yourself. It'll take one evening/weekend. TONS of resources out there to teach you how. Try SmashingMagazine for a list of DOPE free themes (with support).
    2 people like this.
  5. Ungodly

Ungodly 120 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $65
    Agreed, but cherry pick the best choices. There is a ton of shit talent out there that will overcharge you or fall short on results. I'd recommend you figure out exactly what you want done and put together a very descriptive outline. Communication and direction really is key here.
    1 person likes this.
  6. stranger

stranger 30 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $88
    wordpress or purchase a hostgator hosting plan and there are many quality templates.
  7. stranger

stranger 30 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $88
  8. zoomzoom

zoomzoom 30 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $92

If you do it yourself you will have control over the message that you want to convey and you can change the website as your business grows. If you have an idea of what you what your site to look like Wix has some decent looking templates. BUT you absolutely HAVE to invest in your own domain. Nothing scream "amateur at work" like a sub-domained website at wix and any other free website builder/host.

Hiring someone to do the job can be time consuming going over designs and ideas, and more costly if you change your mind about your business direction, especially if you don't even know what business you are going after yet.

Alternative:

Buy a domain for $10 and for under $5 a month you can host your own website at hostgator. To build the site just setup Wordpress on your host (easy) and grab a free theme (template) at WordPress › Free WordPress Themes - there are hundreds of other places to get free themes but using them can be risky with designers building in code that can hijack your links or worse. Wordpress.org is a safe bet. Better yet, invest in a paid wordpress theme and you will be up and running even faster.

You should be able to have a professional looking site up in a matter of hours

Build two sites, one for commercial and one for residential and test the two markets in your area.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zendolphin

zendolphin Warp 5 LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $24,740
    btw, I have found some free themes have redirects, and other malicious code in them.
    so
    we dont use them any more.
    15 bucks for a clean one, is worth it.

Z
    Enki, SeanKelly, tincho1492 and 2 others like this.
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo