The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website build, where to start

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
Hey everyone!!

Its been awhile since I have been on here and its due to getting side tracked and not focusing on what matters. I've been busy selling my toys that I should not have bought in the first place which caused to me get in a little bit of debt.

Regardless, I have always had a word document on my PC where I write and save ideas. My best one IMO is an internet business.

Where do I draw line between learning and doing the work myself and hiring an individual to do the job for me? Building a website to me is like building an engine. I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks! :smxF:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trent

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 9, 2008
China
"An idea put into action, regardless of success, is a success"

Take the advice of your own signature!

My first website was ugly, and poorly designed. I build it with some ABC website builder...BUT it fit a need in marketplace and made money. Once I made more, I was able to hire some help and upgrade. That should be your first priority: a business model that works and makes money.

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
I agree, I'm concerned with where to start though. If this was PC's or photography I would have no problem. Websites however I know nothing about. I'll start hitting the books, it seems there are many posts with similar issues and that is the advice given.

Thanks.

D

DeletedUser2

PHP:
ightweight99;163518]I agree, I'm concerned with where to start though.

find a need, find a market that wants something,
THEN build a website.

otherwise,
1. godaddy, buy a keyword rich domain (like babycribs411.com or something)
2. get hosting, use install word press via fantatisco or other free installer
3. go watch about 2 hrs of video on youtube on how to do wordpress
4. setup and run wordpress and your good to go.

all this can be done in about 1 day. or less
you now started. then just keep improving

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
My first post here:

The important thing is speed of execution not perfection at the start - I should heed my own advice, sometimes.

The quickest way to start a site (even an e-commerce store) is on the Wordpress platform (free) with the help of either a free or paid "theme" that you give someone on the multitude of the freelance sites (remember to overpay to get someone decent) to customise to your liking. For e-commerce there is a free Wordpress plugin called "WP E-Commerce". Good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.