The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web developing techniques to improve childrens eBooks?

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey guys,

I've been looking into all the finer points of getting our website built. In the meantime while researching all kinds of shit I cane across "Parallax scrolling". I think it's pretty damn cool but I've also only been looking at the "best of" sites.

Here's a thought I had last night after staring at so many sites I was getting motion sickness. Utilize that scrolling technique to build children's books. My initial thought was to use "Where the Wild Things Are" for a first book since it's one of the most popular books out there. Then move onto the Dr. Seuss books and other major collections. I immediately thought about how to deploy the books.... Make the viewer an app to allow other authors to create "Parallax books".

Just a thought that I really would like to pursue. Looks Like my work load just went through the roof.

Mike

Here's a pretty good example of the scrolling technique for those not familiar.

http://www.alquimiawrg.com/#/home

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Wow yeah its pretty cool scrolling, old computers probably cant do it too well though so maybe not for business but great for children's books I would say

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
I think making a "reader" app for iOS devices then cranking out childrens books would be the best way to at it. My iPad is more powerful than my Macbook Pro.

Anyone with developer skills or just skills needed to make something like this happen let me know. I'm interested to see what it would take to get this project started.

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Yes. I've planned the whole thing and will be stealing the material tonight.

I'm literally thinking out loud here and am trying to figure out how difficult it would be to build.

Here's my thought. Make a reader, make books. If you made a reader that uses that tech and provided a better way to get kids reading I doubt a single publisher would have a problem allowing you to make the book itself in that specific format.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.