The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to be rich? Hard work wont get you there.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ok now i know i said hard work doesnt matter, ofcoarse it does.

I have seen many people here talking about working hard, doing this etc. I think people really need to stop and think for a second. Hard work and persistence will only pay off if you have a smart plan.

Its almost as if your strategy has a ranking (1-10)
and your hardwork has a ranking (1-10)

Hardwork is hardwork, it does not get compounded.

Once you have a smart strategy hard work only compounds that more and more.

It would be more important to be at a (10)strategy and a (2)hardwork than to be at a (10)hardwork and a (2) strategy.

As you shop around for Christmas look at people getting of nice cars and spending money, do you honestly believe they are the only hard workers? The guy loading up the Christmas tree probably works alot hard then the guy's escalade hes throwing it on top of.

Now dont get me wrong i think any person starting out in business should put in atleast 12 hour days but im trying to make a point, dont kid yourself into thinking its all about hard work, strategy is very very important and without it, you will never be financially free.

So before you start working, sit down and come up with a smart business, a smart way to grow it, and a smart way to run it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Naneth

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 30, 2011
hard work

Working hard to make a good strategy and working hard to implement it, would equate to success.
In order to be successful, you need to work hard.

For new entrepreneurs, you are advised to have a plan. Planning is the first step as it will be your guide. As much as possible try to read on different strategies also. I can share to you this guideline from an experienced entrepreneur.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
I would always agree that smarter work is better than brute force, but I would not really agree that having the perfect strategy or idea from the very beginning will necessarily ensure your success any faster, or reduce trial and error. If anything, that idea/strategy will likely change, many many times. And the folks I know who have created massive companies from scratch(usually bootstrapped), usually had a very basic if not ridiculously simple idea when they began, that snowballed. And those folks had no clue or picture in their head they would achieve what that have. I have seen people become wildly wealthy with simple initial ideas like, "I will just sell drop shipped products for my favorite hobby," or, "if I by this duplex, I can pay my mortgage and put some extra money in the bank." And then these guys were extremely hard workers AND extremely smart, and just built on their success. Thats usually the mix.

Idea generation is key though, that is why you constantly have to do it, not just once in a planning session, but multiple times a day, hopefully with other people smarter than you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.