The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Viral Marketing 2.0: Capturing Real Emotions

Marketing, social media, advertising

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
There's a new video making the rounds on the internet recently.
Check it out!

The marketing strategy behind this video is pure genius!

There's a plethora of marketing videos that has grazed the internet the past few months that goes beyond the typical sales pitch/buy my product because I say so vibe. Instead they are getting more and more emotionally creative with the possibility and reach of social media.
There was the Westjet Christmas miracle back in December.
Pepsi Max and Jeff Gordon Test Drive.
All Eyes on the S4.
Friend Test.
Dove Beauty Sketches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litXW91UauE

All these are withing the last year, and that's just what I could think of off the top of my head.
What do they all have in common? They all capture real human emotions that the audience can connect with. This connection leads to social sharing which leads to virality which ofcourse leads to sales. It's a no-brainer actually.

This creativeness is what we need to be applying in our own businesses. We are far too focused on ourselves and not the consumers. The virality of these videos prove its effectiveness on the mass market so why aren't we doing to it ...
By leveraging the use of social sharing and people's emotions, we can captivate customers attention on a broader scale and build a loyal customer base in the process.

The formula is already available to us.
1. Create something that is "Out-Of-The-Box"/Unusual - People view and share things that they don't expect. Do something that creates Bewilderment. The harder it is for them to believe the more likely it will get shared.
2. Capture Real and intense emotions. - We are all suckers for emotion whether we would like to admit it or not.

Just felt like sharing this after seeing the Would's Toughest Job video show up on my news feed about 10 times per day since it first launched a couple days ago.

Edit: If you can think of any other viral videos that capture real emotions, comment them below :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.