The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Video Popup on Website?

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Hey Guys, I want to get your opinion. I put a video popup (where a 15 second 'commercial' for my product pops-up when a visitor first comes to my website). The reason is that I want to try to educate the visitor to my site about the product.

What do you think of this idea? Popups kind of bug me personally, but then I think I do pay attention to them. Also, this popup does not ask for information and can be easily closed (but then, they can easily close their tab with my website in it, too).

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Why not just have a video on the landing page that autoplays, instead of the popup. I imagine it should achieve the same result while coming across as less markety. Or depending on what response you want, split test the various options and pick the best.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
That is exactly what I had previously, and what my gut is telling me that I should stick with. Thank you for your insight!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.