The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vacation in Phoenix/Sedona

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Hey all,

My 2-year anniversary with the girlfriend is coming up in November and we're planning a vacation. In the past we've gone to Mexico, but I suggested we try to venture off to somewhere in the US where neither of us have been before and we both agreed on Arizona. We both currently live in NY. I know a lot of forum members rave about Arizona so I'm hoping you guys can help me plan a vacation.

We're planning on making it a 5-day vacation (Thursday-Tuesday). I'm looking for itinerary recommendations, hotels / resorts, must dos, must sees and anything else. Also, we're in our late 20s and up for anything. Looking for a combination of relaxation as well as activities and nightlife.

So far, we were thinking of spending 2 days in Phoenix/Scottsdale, 1 day in GCNP and 2 days in Sedona.

Appreciate the help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Verde Canyon Railroad is a great experience when you're up near Sedona.

http://verdecanyonrr.com/

And of course, Sedona itself is incredible. And Jerome is uber creepy. (Near Clarkdale)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey all,

My 2-year anniversary with the girlfriend is coming up in November and we're planning a vacation. In the past we've gone to Mexico, but I suggested we try to venture off to somewhere in the US where neither of us have been before and we both agreed on Arizona. We both currently live in NY. I know a lot of forum members rave about Arizona so I'm hoping you guys can help me plan a vacation.

We're planning on making it a 5-day vacation (Thursday-Tuesday). I'm looking for itinerary recommendations, hotels / resorts, must dos, must sees and anything else. Also, we're in our late 20s and up for anything. Looking for a combination of relaxation as well as activities and nightlife.

So far, we were thinking of spending 2 days in Phoenix/Scottsdale, 1 day in GCNP and 2 days in Sedona.

Appreciate the help!

Grand Canyon will be cold. You'll probably stand on the edge for 5 minutes and leave.

Things to do in Phoenix:
Hike Camelback mountain
Go to Scottsdale Gun club if you like to shoot guns and come from a place where they aren't allowed
Top Golf is a pretty cool driving range to experience
Go to Old Town Scottsdale clubs

Sedona will be cold too:
Devli's Bridge hike (1-2 hour hike)
Cathedral Rock hike (1-2 hour hike)
Pink Jeep Tour - Broken Arrow trail (off road jeep tour)

If you have time:
Head to Page, AZ after Grand Canyon
hike to Horseshoe Bend (1/4 mile hike)
Do a tour at Antelope Canyon

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
We do have some warm spells in November. I think Sedona is worth the beauty and hikes. Just wear a sweatshirt.

Are you planning on hiking in the Canyon? Not much else to do there besides eat, shop, and hike.

I really like Jerome. Weird place but really cool. Mostly old hippies there now.

I would drop one day from Sedona and change it to Prescott or add it to Scottsdale. Sedona is a great place to hike and take the train ride from. From Sedona, you could go through Jerome and over to Prescott (check out whiskey row while there. There is a lot of old west history in this town!). If it is getting late in the day you could stay the night in Prescott. It is not their busy season so I am sure you could get a room. The Vendome hotel is right downtown and supposed to be haunted. It is very popular. Otherwise, you could then head on to Scottsdale.

There are a lot of touristy things to do in Scottsdale. The nightlife is great. Just ask anyone that has attended the past B&P meetings. :cool:

G

Guest24480

I would suggest the pink jeep tour as well. Did that when I was in Arizona and it was something new and exciting. Got to climb over rocks and stuff off-roading in a jeep, it was pretty cool.

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
I was out in AZ a couple of years of years to fix a jet. You'll be a good drive away from it but Tombstone was cool. The Cabela's in Phoenix was amazing. I didn't go to Sedona but heard it was absolutely gorgeous. AZ is definitely a place I will to go back to visit and see more of.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Awesome, thanks for all of the recommendations! I'm getting really excited to head out there...I have a feeling I'm going to really like it in Arizona. And I'm most likely going to make it back again for the conference in February, so this will be a nice preview.

Since it will be kind of cold then, the Verde Canyon Railroad tour that @MJ DeMarco recommended sounds like a good idea - is that right?

I'll run the itinerary by you guys once we put it together. Are there any specific hotels/resorts you recommend staying at in Scottsdale / Phoenix / Prescott?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Cold is relative. Where are you coming from? What part of the month? It could be anywhere from 45 degrees to 75 in Sedona during the day.

pds

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 28, 2014
NYC
Cold is relative. Where are you coming from? What part of the month? It could be anywhere from 45 degrees to 75 in Sedona during the day.

@SteveO I'm from NY so 45 to 75 is perfectly fine with me in November.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.