The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Two questions on business Cards.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Not sure it's the right forum for this...

1) What is your philosophy on business cards? Do you think they are just info "carriers", or do you see them as American Psycho's Bateman?

2) Do you know any GOOD online shop for business cards ? And I mean, really good. So far the crap I got sucked.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dominator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jan 21, 2014

2) Do you know any GOOD online shop for business cards ? And I mean, really good. So far the crap I got sucked.

I like Moo.com for quality. I ordered some mini cards for my boutique. They were different than the normal cards which made them memorable. They are not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I'm thinking of using Vista Print for some basic business cards that doesn't need to be top quality. They are having a 33% off sale right now.

Hope this helps.

G

Guest3722A

What exactly are you looking for? If you want foil and embossing you'll need to get some dies made. Engraving - you'll need to find someone with a machine (rare). Then there's different papers, colors, cuts etc.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
What exactly are you looking for? If you want foil and embossing you'll need to get some dies made. Engraving - you'll need to find someone with a machine (rare). Then there's different papers, colors, cuts etc.

I am looking for simplicity, but on decent paper. Possibly not something Staples-like.

MattG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2014
Scottsdale | LA | NYC

1) What is your philosophy on business cards? Do you think they are just info "carriers", or do you see them as American Psycho's Bateman?

I agree with Moo.com. I also like www.Jukeboxprint.com. Those guys specialize in foil and embossing and do some really unique things.

Here's my take on business cards. I think they need to match your branding, be very specific (to the point), but also be well thought out if you're going to have them. I recently did all my branding materials and I took time to make the card look really nice. My thing is minimalism but with high impact. The card stock I chose was 16pt Silk with Spot UV on a 2"x3.5". Black and White. The Black G was my spot UV and it came out really nice.

Hope this helps.

G

Guest3722A

I am looking for simplicity, but on decent paper. Possibly not something Staples-like.
Ok. What I will say is you need to be careful with who you choose. Many companies who do things like this aren't perfectionists. Especially if they cater to mass markets. Huge brands don't use mass market printers because the level of perfection they're looking for isn't found there. From my personal experience, they use companies that have been around for decades and have contracts with several large household brands. Someone you find online, at least to me, doesn't really say longevity. Yes, costs will be slightly more, but not anything out of hand.

When I mean by level of perfection, many of these printing companies have a set it and forget it policy and just set their machines, start them but don't watch every single impression. What happens is things get slightly off center - especially if the card requires layers of work and especially if the card has minute details like fine lines or special fonts.

Just my .02

MattG.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 18, 2014
Scottsdale | LA | NYC
Ok. What I will say is you need to be careful with who you choose. Many companies who do things like this aren't perfectionists. Especially if they cater to mass markets. Huge brands don't use mass market printers because the level of perfection they're looking for isn't found there. From my personal experience, they use companies that have been around for decades and have contracts with several large household brands. Someone you find online, at least to me, doesn't really say longevity. Yes, costs will be slightly more, but not anything out of hand.

When I mean by level of perfection, many of these printing companies have a set it and forget it policy and just set their machines, start them but don't watch every single impression. What happens is things get slightly off center - especially if the card requires layers of work and especially if the card has minute details like fine lines or special fonts.

Just my .02

I completely agree. I'm based in Scottsdale and I went to a local print shop that does a lot of exclusive stuff. I took the time for the "minute details like fine lines or special fonts." Additionally, I found it very helpful to go to an in-person shop to gain knowledge about the process, what to be cognizant of, how I should deliver the files (card bleed, adobe illustrator, etc.). Luckily I have an amazing UI/UX/Frontend designer who helped me, but I still found the research to be valuable.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.