The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Trump: don't Fear a Real Estate Collapse

tchandy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Aug 16, 2007
Kansas, for now

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
He pretty much just said what ever other RE investor I know and I have been saying. The banks are not lending, thats the biggest problem. If you have cash the world is pretty much yours. But commercial will straighten itself out, its a totaly different animal from residential.

Trumps 100% correct.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I agree that the problem is the banks are not lending but I disagree that the government should force them. If they want the banks to increase lending they need to stop suing them and loosen up lending regulations. Banks are still afraid to issue mortgages and development contracts to the point where housing sales are flat.

Everybody blames the banks for this housing bubble but allot of people made a lot of money (blue collar included) because of the bubble and the focus should be on creating the next bubble not trying to prevent it. Economies are cyclical and go through bubbles(expansions) and contractions(recessions). The government cannot prevent recessions. The only thing they can do is effect the durations of the given economic cycle (econ101). People need to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions. The people who bought houses on the assumption that they would appreciate in value assumed wrong. It is as much their fault for paying that high price as it is the bank for giving them the money. The government is not our parents and cannot protect 100% of the people 100% of the time. Many people who were living within their means during the expansion and saving are making a killing in this cash is king market. I know several individuals who are buying bankrupt businesses and foreclosed homes making a killing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
There is a storm brewing for commercial real estate, which could be huge with all the defaults.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I think the biggest issue that commercial real estate is going to have to deal with goes back to the bank regulations. Unless this has changed recently the government will not allow banks to refi. commercial property that has gone underwater. Therefore when non delinquent commercial property owners go to refinance their balloon/interest only loans etc. they will be unable to. This could force otherwise performing assets into foreclosure. I guess time will tell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.