The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today's Message to Young Entrepreneurs

marktech101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 11, 2008
Durham, NC
It's all part of my eeeeeevil plan muhahahahahaha

Profit equals market divided by competition... less competition = MORE PROFIT!!!!

It's actually in the government's best interest to let me do my entrepreneurial thing; pretty soon (5-10 years) I'll be paying more money per year to the government than most people make in a lifetime...wow.

</rant>

outsourcery

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 9, 2009
Still too early to call bottom on this thing.. IMO this year is Asia's turn to bleed.

Exporters are collapsing, employment and property values are falling... soon Asian banks will join their US and UK counterparts in the toilet, or on taxpayer life support.

We aren't protected... it's just taking a while for the shockwaves to work their way back up the supplly chain.

On the balance of risk, a gov. job probably offers a really good return in the current conditions... but that's kinda like living life without cars because they're dangerous to travel in...

On a 5 year horizon, I think people are going to forget how safe gov. jobs 'used to be'.. our govs are going to have to start paying back their debt, and I think as voter unfriendly as it will be they'll need to take a razor to their own organisations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattThomas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 16, 2009
Long Island, New York
On a 5 year horizon, I think people are going to forget how safe gov. jobs 'used to be'.. our govs are going to have to start paying back their debt, and I think as voter unfriendly as it will be they'll need to take a razor to their own organisations.

Agreed, especially with increasing scrutiny over budgets and huge amounts of money being paid on bailouts and stimulus packages. After all, something has to give in the spending department.

dnuge3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2009
USA
Although, I agree that free enterprise and free markets are the ideal way to grow an economy, I do have an issue with the executives working at institutions receiving substantial money from the government. The reason for this is because that money is coming directly from the taxpayer. The institution no longer claim to be a private corporation that can do whatever it wants with the money. It should be reinvested towards making the company profitable again and then repay the debt owed to the taxpayers and government. Yet, we also must understand that everything is cyclical and at certain times there needs to be regulation and at other times free market can reign. Right now we are amidst a time of regulation. Things will eventually look up. Short-sightedness has caused these problems, I hope that we can all take a long hard look at this later and understand that to prevent this from happening again, we must all take a long view.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.