The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Today was a good day!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Austin Barton

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2015
Today was a good day! I ended up after becoming apart of these forums for just a litte more than a day to start a small business. I decided it would be fun to start a 'blog' that talks a lot about tech gear.. ect. I'm not even 100% sure what all the steps are i should be taking but i think im doing better than not doing anything! Even if this plan doesn't workout or it doesn't get as big as i hopped it would well at least i tried and i will just pick myself up and get after the next thing! Thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Today was a good day! I ended up after becoming apart of these forums for just a litte more than a day to start a small business. I decided it would be fun to start a 'blog' that talks a lot about tech gear.. ect. I'm not even 100% sure what all the steps are i should be taking but i think im doing better than not doing anything! Even if this plan doesn't workout or it doesn't get as big as i hopped it would well at least i tried and i will just pick myself up and get after the next thing! Thanks everyone!

Good for you for getting started.

Although I don't like 'blogging' as a business idea, it is a great way to pick up HTML, CSS, WordPress, copywriting, lead generation and general web marketing skills, all of which are useful in most other online ventures.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Nice action taking @Austin Barton

While you're not sure of the direction you want to be taking right now, blogging is a great way to learn the basics of some of the the most important things to achieve success online - how to set up sites / get them to rank / discover the best forms of content to work / promote. It's also likely to be a really great lesson in working out what you do and don't want to focus when you figure out your next step.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Austin Barton

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Oct 7, 2015
Nice action taking @Austin Barton

While you're not sure of the direction you want to be taking right now, blogging is a great way to learn the basics of some of the the most important things to achieve success online - how to set up sites / get them to rank / discover the best forms of content to work / promote. It's also likely to be a really great lesson in working out what you do and don't want to focus when you figure out your next step.

Thanks so much! I'm currently trying to learn about leads. If you have any advice please let me know

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Thanks so much! I'm currently trying to learn about leads. If you have any advice please let me know

Setup a plugin that captures people's name and emails.

To get leads, you need to get people to your site, so you need to play fair with the search engine. Moz.com has an excellent overview on the basics of SEO, which helps gets you indexed and ranked. As for generating leads, that's dependent on what you want to sell. Once your site is up and good in the eyes of the engines, you can use paid advertising to drive people to your site.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.