The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To stay or not to stay?

Anything related to matters of the mind

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hello,

I am thinking about leaving my parents home and rent a own apartment in the city where I go to school.
There are quite a few reasons why I want to leave home.
Not only is it a "toxic" work environment, its also logistically pretty stupid to live here:
-Long hours to ride the train/bus to school or gym.
-I don't get along with my parents pretty well.
(Main problem, don't want to go to much into detail here its just annoying to fight over things over and over again. Already tried solving it the "Carnegie Way"
-Lack of privacy.
-Town with 10.000 ppl. nothing really is here whats holding me.

So: I got 3000€ in savings, the ability to make some side money (I made 2000€ a month ones with "hustling"), in germany we have child support which is 184€ a month.

Rents are around 400€ (with heat and stuff), so I need a job to survive, but I still got 1 1/2 year of school ahead of me.
Sadly I don't have a working business currently.

The own apartment would bring me into a situation where I have to make it work. I leave my comfort zone. I start a business or I have to work a 450€ basic job for the rest of my (school-)life or even life.

Do you have any hints for me? How would you decide or did you had the same decision to make it your life and did it/not did it?

I would appreciate your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MindWarrior

Power Moves
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Feb 23, 2015
First off, I would recommend getting some sort of income stream in place, whether it is a job or side hustling or whatever. Take a month to get some sort of income stream in place. Then I say go for it! What's the worst that can happen? You'll live and worse case scenario it makes you a stronger person.

Sink or swim man! That' the best way to learn, IMO.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thank you @MindWarrior and @MichaelGrey my goal now is to get a income stream which works out.
I am into importing for some time and also did craigslist hustling.

Before I move out I will get a side job, so I dont depent to much on the importing, since it wont be to secure in the beginning.

Around 1000€ a month would be a great income to pay for all living expenses and still got some money to save.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.