The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time for my story

Mikerags

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2011
Hello all, so my name is mike I am 26 years old. Graduated college 3 years ago, got a job as an engineer in Silicon Valley and entered the rat race. Have to say, I have done well at the race, that is my issue. Pay has gone up 22% in the last two years. Been able to save up a nice amount in that time as well and the weekly cash is very hard to give up. Once I think of quitting, I get a raise or special award which motivates me to stay and work, suppose they make it like that.

So here's the deal, ordered the book tonight after finding the forum last week and reading rich dad poor dad. Tired of working for someone else. Got a project in the works which will hopefully put me in the fastlane, but will have to see, not getting my hopes up.

So hello to all, and on another note, I would live to talk to someone about setting up a simple ecommerce website. I need to get one going in the next month and was looking at Drupal or something similar. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Welcome to the forum! You'll find tons of value here and great advice.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
got a job as an engineer in Silicon Valley

Mike, if someone asked me the best background/profession to have for a successful transition to Fastlane, it would be a software/web engineer. You have the toolbox and the tools!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
so... what technology you working on? (I meant programming language, platform, etc).

Welcome to the forum! I wish we had more engineers like you around!

AJ.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Sep 5, 2010
So here's the deal, ordered the book tonight after finding the forum last week and reading rich dad poor dad. Tired of working for someone else. Got a project in the works which will hopefully put me in the fastlane, but will have to see, not getting my hopes up.

Mike

Get all your hopes up!
Maybe not hope, but blind faith in your path.
:)

Mikerags

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2011
so... what technology you working on? (I meant programming language, platform, etc).

Welcome to the forum! I wish we had more engineers like you around!

Right now, my day job is an electrical engineer with an aerospace company. In my time off I have been developing a product on the Arduino platform in C. Used to work with PIC micro's, but switched to Arduino for development due to the community support and fast development. Just finished designing the PCB, which is being fab'd right now. Should have the prototypes done by the end of the month.

Now I'm switching gears to the website design so it is ready to go once the product is, hence the questions on the ecommerce site.

Mike

Mikerags

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2011
Get all your hopes up!
Maybe not hope, but blind faith in your path.
:)

Ok well maybe not quite "Not getting my hopes up" but the doubt seems to come in waves. I have no idea how the demand will be. Will just have to see.

somniloquist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jun 8, 2012
Los Angeles
I have no idea how the demand will be. Will just have to see.

I'm amazed that this is one of only two threads that hit keyword "arduino". How is the product going? I've been getting ready lately to start incorporating hardware components (arduino+sensors+TCP/IP) into my R&D environment, which has been to date completely software. I'm really curious to pick your brain on what the prototype=>fabrication looks like here in California. Vendors, time, process, iteration, etc.

Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...