The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Time For A Life Changing Moment

Liberty T. Vance

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
May 25, 2015
California
I currently live in Ruian, China teaching high school students AP Statistics and Pre-calculus. I actually teach economics but ended up having to take this job at the last minute so got stuck the two most boring subjects ever. I've been living in China for the past 6 years and am just now lifting myself out of the fog and shock of losing my construction company in 2008. I was having a good time living here for the first 4 years just teaching, partying, moving to different cities every two years and just cruising along on autopilot.

Two years ago I turned 50 and my birthday present to myself was a trip to Thailand. My life changed in an instant. I found the place I want to live or at least be in close proximity for regular visits. I was surrounded by tourists, retirees and entrepreneurs. I quickly realized I can't and don't want to live a tourist lifestyle (it would kill me), I've never concentrated long enough or saved enough money to be a slowlane retiree (I have approximately $0) but I am an entrepreneur I just needed an idea.
http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...ce=c&url=http://www.entrepreneur.com-sub.biz?
Well here I am two years later and I'm still looking for that idea. I've always bounced from one thing to another rarely focusing on one thing long enough to see if it works (except my construction company and appraisal company before that). Luckily I found this forum and TMF .

I've had two major life changing moments that turned my life upside down and effected me in two completely different ways (one positive one negative). After reading TMF and lurking on this site for the past couple of months I've realized my third major life changing moment is upon me. It's time to stop procrastinating, get the F*ck out of this chair and get busy adding value instead of focusing on me, me me...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome Liberty,

Personally I think there are only two ways to stop procrastination. One is to have a business idea that you have such a deep-seated passion for that it will consume your every waking moment. The other, if you are not fortunate enough to be in that situation, is to put systems and processes in place to stop, or significantly reduce your procrastination-al tendencies.

If you are a long term procrastinator you will need one or other, or better still a combination of both.

That initial feeling of being all fired-up is wonderful but soon crumbles into dust if you are not careful and you will end up back at square one (this is where bouncing around from one idea to anther comes into play). You can get addicted to the thrill of an idea and all the unbound possibilities but shy clear when it comes time to roll up your sleeves and start the graft associated with taking the abstract and creating something physical with it.

As this sounds like you, you will need something concrete in place to see you through until you build up a natural momentum that will allow you to follow through on your business plan despite all the hurdles and difficulties you will inevitably face.

Good luck

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.