The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Those with a 9-5, how much work do you do? What do you do?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
What about meditation? Or healthy eating? Or exercise? Or getting a sufficient amount of sleep? Or developing self-discipline?

No meditation.. but double check, double check, not check, and double check. I'm good.. I'm no dummy; I do plenty of research on stuff especially health/fitness.. hell I'm 6'0 190 10-11% body fat depending on season and run a legit 4.5 at 30 years old; that doesn't come natural, I achieve and maintain that cause I know what the hell I'm doing.

I suggest you do a bit more thorough research into nootropics, then you be the judge afterwards (and reading one blog post doesn't count). And seriously.. a Limitless reference? really bruh... No one is trying to do this cause of a movie. I do this because at the leap frog rate I'm going at now; I'll have an Aventador by late 2016.

Besides that; I use nootropics in bi-weekly sprints during programming or heavy hustle mode so it's not like I use it beyond a month at most.. (which I'm about to come out off and launching an app and blog in 2-3 weeks)

Last edited:

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Nah, haven't tried. I've use adderall occasionally but I find those to be too "heavy"..

Adderall is literally amphetamine. It blows my mind that people are OK giving their kids this stuff when they freak out about "meth", which is nearly the same thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
No meditation.. but double check, double check, not check, and double check. I'm good.. I'm no dummy; I do plenty of research on stuff especially health/fitness.. hell I'm 6'0 190 10-11% body fat depending on season and run a legit 4.5 at 30 years old; that doesn't come natural, I achieve and maintain that cause I know what the hell I'm doing.

I suggest you do a bit more thorough research into nootropics, then you be the judge afterwards (and reading one blog post doesn't count). And seriously.. a Limitless reference? really bruh... No one is trying to do this cause of a movie. I do this because at the leap frog rate I'm going at now; I'll have an Aventador by late 2016.

Besides that; I use nootropics in bi-weekly sprints during programming or heavy hustle mode so it's not like I use it beyond a month at most.. (which I'm about to come out off and launching an app and blog in 2-3 weeks)

I'm glad it is working for you @JamesF. I didn't mean to imply that you don't know what you are doing are far as health and fitness goes, you are clearly a lot fitter than I am. Honestly, I'd think that anyone who was really into health/fitness would steer away from taking substances like these, but that's just my opinion.

BTW, I did do quite a bit of research into Nootropics a couple of years back after hearing some good things about them from a friend, however, I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the lack of proper research that had been done into these substances. My friend experimented with a number of them over a six month period before noticing some negative side effects. I doubt he researched them very thoroughly though, and his side effects may have been a result of other RCs he takes on a semi regular basis.

Anyway, you are obviously happy with the choices you are making and I hope it continues to work well for you and that you enjoy your Aventador... All the best.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Makes you think about most people working til 65. How many years of real work would they have done?

I don't remember the study, but after all the firings during the financial crisis they analyzed what impact people's jobs/work had on the company. They found many white collar employees did nothing useful, entire departments were eliminated with no obvious impact.

We just don't need that many workers because there's not that much work to really be done. Yet we are collectively still stuck in an industrial era mindset where you need people to show up for long hours, every day. The result is everyone faking it. The 40-hour full-time job is simply a compromise between workers doing nothing and the race to the bottom of per-hour/per-piece work.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
I found this this timeline fascinating.

It's based on a book called 'Daily Rituals' and shows the daily routines of a number of famous creative people.

Fascinating indeed. The first thing that jumps out at me is that many of these people don't exercise at all. Then again they may be both creative and have a lifestyle leading to an early death. Was reading Balzac's wikipedia entry the other week so I know that's the case for him (died in his 50s, attributed to not giving a damn about his physical health).

D

Deleted27835

This thread has been a great read so far!

Currently I have a small lawncare business and this year I am working mid feb to the end of june. During that time I'm grinding 6 days a week from sun up to sun down, cold calling (door to door) and then doing the manual labour. April-June I'm on the road living out of the back of my truck so I can get a longer season. I have some time during the morning/evenings, yet find it challenging to divide between going to the gym, preparing myself for the next day, getting actual rest and relaxtion time and working on my online business. The benefit for me is that I get the whole summer and winter off. Going from the full-time grind of the work season to having abundant free time in the off season is still something I'm learning how to optimize. I find it equally challenging having endless open time with no structure as I do to having my whole week jam packed with work. Looking forward to getting better at this moving forward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
The benefit for me is that I get the whole summer and winter off.

Sorry if I missed something really obvious but how do you have the summer off when your business is lawncare? The lawncare and landscaping people I know are busting their butts the whole summer and thru the fall, until everything is frozen or snow covered.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.