The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is how you do it!

DavidofMN

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Apr 19, 2011
Stillwater, MN

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
Wow, that office space is really nice for being affordable. Thanks for the article! Great tips on there too.

Edit: "What if I fail? Nothing happens! It’s literally the most mundane non-event imaginable. I spend a day or two wrapping up any loose ends, head to the movies or do something fun, and by the next day I’m already figuring out what the next thing is."
That should help the afraid people on here! ;)

masaldana2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, Tx
"Find something you’re passionate about: Nah son. Find something that is viable. I’m passionate about table tennis, but I’m not looking to turn that passion into a business. When it comes to business, I’m far more passionate about providing a good product/service that has good margins, than about being able to marry that business to any hobby or other exciting pursuit I may have in my regular life. This way, I’m free to work on the best opportunity that arises without limitation. And honestly, quite often the least sexy industries are where the big money is being made. So while most of the brainpower is busy chasing sexy mobile apps and such, you can make bank by selling ugly widgets or providing basic services. It’s tough to pay bills with app downloads."

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
Came from a similar thread that got closed and it gives me inspiration to test something out with the same principles in another niche.

It may or may not work of course, but I'm interested to see if it'd pay off for me by say this time next year :) I've made sure to bookmark this thread.

Jam Wheel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 14, 2014
UK/US/SE
Great find! Saving into my master Entrepreneurship spreadsheet where I capture ideas and business execution solutions etc.

Also - masaldana2 is right about mundane products being solid holes of opportunity. Having worked for a company serving a really mundane customer base with mundane products, that is now under heavy attack from startups providing marginally better products and far better customer service, I can attest to high profit margins making something people need. Also, if you can enter a similar market in a nimble fashion to scrap against the complacent big boys, there is usually plenty of room to make great money. Who cares if you didn't make TechCrunch with some sexy new social media sharing economy mobile user platform etc etc etc? At least your business is yours and not owned by your investors, not to mention is likely making actual money, not just "sometime in the future".

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Cowabunga! @DavidofMN .
Extremely inspiring and great share !