The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Things to flip? Brainstorm

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ive done it all and intensively. As long as its B2B, it will sell if you market it correctly and the price makes sense. Construction goods sells, if i am a contractor and i can get a countertop for a job for $400 that would normally cost me $600 its a no brainer, im reducing my costs, im not "spending" money as a consumer with think. On the flip side you actually would get many consumers who may just want it for their home and their ration would be the same, its $600 at the home depot but $400 here.. and im buying it anyway so ill save money.

Equipment or machinery for a business works well if price correctly. Bad economy or not, if you have a fork lift at below value, and you market it correctly it will sell. If you have a printing machine for $40k, even if under priced you may still sit.

Things ive learned: Try to have a broad target market....

-Sell a white or black car, not brown.
-Sell a honda not a corvette
-Sell at the average market (Most people can buy a car for 15k, not 100k
-It must be in need one way or another

I dont care how cheap it is.... dont buy a lot of memorbilia right now because its "under priced".... no one NEEDS it, its really hard to sell then. I once bought something for $1000 that was listed everywhere online for $2,500 and it was mint. It took me forever to get just $2,000 (1k net) but what a nightmare and waste of time. It is funny how much i learned from those experiences... no matter how cheap, if the only person who wants it is male ages (20-22) maybe there are only 3 people per month locally looking for it, not good.

You want your target market to be as big as possible.
Analyze the market (how can i make my ads and product look more enticing than others)
Market it correctly and in more places than others. Dont just go to craigslist, do others like backpage, big forums, niche forums, call people get the word out. When i was sitting on industrial equipment for a while i started cold calling local companies, i got a call that night and sold it from craigslist but the responses were good and some people were interested, so maybe you can pay someone $100 for the day to call 120 local businesses that may want your product, whatever it takes.

Take some of these things lightly as you could make serious money flipping a ferrari for 100k but im just trying to make a point.

Now if i could give you a perfect example to hit all of these points, go to craigslist right now put this in the headline.

***** Running car for $650 ******

Hi, this car runs great, has dents and not good looking but mechanically is great. Non negotiable on the price, serious buyers only, thank you.

Same day its gone. Why?

It hit all of these points in that ad

-Sell a white or black car, not brown. (whatever)
-Sell a honda not a corvette (it runs and is cheap enough where this is almost irrelevant)
-Sell at the average market, most people can buy a car for 15k, not 100k (someone at mcdonalds makes $650 in under two weeks)
-It must be in need one way or another (people need to go places)

Your job now is to find a running car for under $650...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.