The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The richest place on earth- Monte Carlo

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Posted a thread about this a while back. What a fascinating place!

How much would you say you'd have to make in order to have a penthouse there? I saw one online for 24 million.

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
Read the comments from theside walkers on that video. "Meanwhile the rest of the world lives on a dollar a day..." While that is sad, just because one is rich does not mean the rest of the world is their obligation. I like how everyone in the cmments just assumes everything. How do they know these people don't donate millions each year?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Honestly that just does not seem appealing to me, I would rather have a huge mansion one a private island with all of that for the same price

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Read the comments from theside walkers on that video. "Meanwhile the rest of the world lives on a dollar a day..." While that is sad, just because one is rich does not mean the rest of the world is their obligation. I like how everyone in the cmments just assumes everything. How do they know these people don't donate millions each year?

Responded to that with: meanwhile those millionaires busted their asses off 24/7 for a few years until they got to that point. What did YOU do? Partied and watched movies the whole day. Just because you can't have something(and you are obviously jealous of that) doesn't mean that you should compare it to the worst case scenario. What have YOU done for those who live with a dollar a day?

The way sidewalkers think makes me sad

fastlaneCoder

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Apr 10, 2012
Georgia, USA
Wow, it seems really cool but the place is so small! But I guess when you have that kind of $$ you can afford to go somewhere larger or more spacious!

CEBenz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Apr 16, 2011
Tacoma, Wa
From what I'm hearing and seeing of late, it sounds like Singapore may replace Monte Carlo.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
You are cruel. I have enough to live comfortably. Unlike most Americans, I don't believe that money is the only thing that matters in life. I believe in justice. People are stupid if they believe the right-wing rich man's hype that poor people are poor because they are lazy. I have seen poor people in rags working 22 hours a day in Africa, pulling carts in the hot sun, where there should be a donkey. Don't tell me that's lazy!! Many millionaires inherit money from their parents. That's lazy!

The word infuriate would not do justice here. I wanna say something.

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
agreed. I responded as well. I can't stand people like her.little does she know SHE is the selfish one, shed rather sit on her a$$ and complain rather than make 1 billion dollars ad then donate to the peol,eshe is pretending to care about.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
lol she won't stop responding to my first and only comment ... I have so much to say to that dumb f' but it'd be such a waste of time

D

DeletedUser394

What's to be gained by arguing with people you will never meet over the internet? What she thinks should have no bearing on your life at all, but it does because you took the time to respond to her and seem to be bothered by the fact that she has a different opinion then your own.

The portion of her argument that someone posted above is entirely true (I don't know, nor care what else she may have written about). The fact is, long hours and/or labor intensive work (like many low income, and brutally poor people have to do) is HARD work. Hard work is no guarantee of material success. Just like there are plenty of people are trust fund kids, while others bust their asses to make their mark.

Money isn't the most important thing in life, as she said. It's just a medium of exchange.

Anyway, enough nonsense, back to living in the real world. :thumbsup:

G

GuestUser8117

I wonder what kind of people live there. I mean in Monaco. There must be a lot of celebrities. And lots of fastlaners. Edit : not so, only 2000 millionaires and 50 billionaires. Hmm, I'm curious. And there is absolutely no taxes!

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
The portion of her argument that someone posted above is entirely true (I don't know, nor care what else she may have written about). The fact is, long hours and/or labor intensive work (like many low income, and brutally poor people have to do) is HARD work.
She implied that every one who is rich, in particular the top earners, has done so by betting on the stock market. Completely false. There is opinion and there is fact. What is fact, is not debatable. Had she just done a quick search on Forbes she'd see what has really made these people rich.

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
She implied that every one who is rich, in particular the top earners, has done so by betting on the stock market. Completely false. There is opinion and there is fact. What is fact, is not debatable. Had she just done a quick search on Forbes she'd see what has really made these people rich.

The only thing I agree with her about, is the kids that get rich because of their parents. Most of them turn into spoiled brats and waste their parents finances on crap, have an unfair advantage over the rest of the population, and don't deserve any of it.

@RichKid I don't know 99% of the members on this forum (pretty sure you don't either). May I ask what's the point of interacting on this forum according to your thinking?

D

DeletedUser394

And her opinion matters to you because....?

Most people are idiots with no clue, just let it go. Y'all need thicker skin, especially for business, if something as petty as that gets you riled up.

Hell, if we could stick to the actual topic for once, yeah Omerta Monaco/Monte Carlo looks pretty cool! Going to visit there one day :)

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
mental masturbation.

Twiki

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Oct 7, 2012
What's to be gained by arguing with people you will never meet over the internet? What she thinks should have no bearing on your life at all, but it does because you took the time to respond to her and seem to be bothered by the fact that she has a different opinion then your own.

The portion of her argument that someone posted above is entirely true (I don't know, nor care what else she may have written about). The fact is, long hours and/or labor intensive work (like many low income, and brutally poor people have to do) is HARD work. Hard work is no guarantee of material success. Just like there are plenty of people are trust fund kids, while others bust their asses to make their mark.

Money isn't the most important thing in life, as she said. It's just a medium of exchange.

Anyway, enough nonsense, back to living in the real world. :thumbsup:

You're right on about the pointlessness of arguing with such mentalities. It is fun to identify failure to connect-the-dots in other people's thinking, however... as long as you don't get emotional or spend too much energy on it.

For example, on one hand she says "money isn't the most important thing in life", as if anyone would argue against that. Then she takes a stand for all the poor hard-working people she's seen slaving away under the hot sun for 22 hours a day (???), "pulling carts when they should have a donkey".

Does it not occur to people like this, that if those poor people had money, they could BUY (or lease) A DONKEY?

So, Money may not be the "most" important thing in life, but:
MONEY = DONKEY.
NO MONEY = NO DONKEY.

PS. Omerta, Monaco is a fabulous place with nice people (not at all stuck-up or anything like some people might expect). I stayed there for about a month because I got mixed up with a female there. If you want to visit Monaco sometime, but can't afford to stay there, just go somewhere in northern Italy or anywhere along the coast of Southern France and you can take a train in (even buses will take you there - yes people in Monaco ride buses too)... it's not an isolated island in the middle of nowhere.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
The sad part is the lady responding in the comments has a lot of thumbs up on her posts. Her solution is probably to tax the rich I bet, and this in essence is why Monteco exists.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
From what I'm hearing and seeing of late, it sounds like Singapore may replace Monte Carlo.
I don't know about replace but a lot of wealth is being generated in Asia and with that brings money flow to Singapore.

Lots of activity out there.

551252_317649241633617_1505435968_n.jpg

Graham Chong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Apr 29, 2012
I don't know about replace but a lot of wealth is being generated in Asia and with that brings money flow to Singapore.

Lots of activity out there.

View attachment 4799

Is that Bangkok? Believe it or not I'm from Malaysia but I have only visited Singapore and Southern Thailand so far.

Would really love to return to Asia in a few years time

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Is that Bangkok? Believe it or not I'm from Malaysia but I have only visited Singapore and Southern Thailand so far.

Would really love to return to Asia in a few years time
It's Singapore.

Great place.

KeonTheGreat

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 25, 2012
Y'all need thicker skin, especially for business, if something as petty as that gets you riled up.
LOL Who said I was riled up? I enjoy a good argument every now and then. There is a difference between opinion and fact. What is fact cannot be argued by opinion. You're right, i let it go.

bophisto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jan 12, 2012
When I was little my grandparents had a condo in Monte Carlo. I would spend the summer there. So I definitely plan on checking out this video. Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.