The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Purpose of Life!

Anything related to matters of the mind

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
"Exactly what are the problems we humans would like to solve?

The problem of unhappiness. Men don't like being unhappy. Frowns are bad for the complexion.

The problem of death. Death is felt to be a drag. Its silence is suspicious, a bit malevolent maybe. It is considered somewhat too permanent.

The problem of failure. It's not considered as much fun as success, but seems to arrive more frequently.

The problem of pain. Ingrown toenails, arthritis, headaches: the body always seems to stay one step ahead of Extra-Strength Tylenol.

The problem of love: it doesn't last, isn't returned, or is returned too zealously and jealously.

The problem of purpose: we don't seem able to find one or, having found one, we lose interest too rapidly.

The problem of reality: it's never quite clear what it is. John's and Jane's always seem to differ. Today's reality is tommorow's illusion. And today's illusion...

The problem of evil: usually other people's. Too many bad people are doing it to too few good people. God's police force is understaffed.

The problem of self: we can never quite figure out who we are or, having figured it out, find it pretty depressing.

The problem of enlightenment: we often want it, but seldom have it. We know there is some better way of life, know we're currently not livingt it, and want to get there from here.

Life, as the Buddha said, is a thousand follies. And the sage is he who plays with the thousand follies.

"The is one way to be wise", said the Buddha.
"What is it, O Matser?"
"To play fool". "

-From The Search for the Dice man-

My take on this one is: It doesn't matter what you do in life. If you jump at things without facts or if you do things that other people think is totally f*cked up. How much does that even matter? We are all an illusion anyway. I am more a buddhist thinker than a Christian thinker. I believe, really believe, that this thing we all call Reality, just is a Big Subject thing. Non of us see this world in the same way. Maybe we do to a fraction of a degree, but never ever will we see this world 100% the same. If this world now would be so Real as many people say, then shouldn't we all see this world exactly the same and shouldn't we all feel and act exactly the same way:)?

And because this world never can be Real more than to the way we subjectly want it to be real, money too will never be anything but a fantasy subject in our fine subjective world. Money is just made up and this World we live in, this world of subjective viewpoints could very easily say: Well, today we use books as the new currency. Or today you could pay me with a poem. Money is just as made up as our lifes. We may say this is My Life and this is absolutly Real. But is it:)? Who knows?

In our eyes we have a blind spot. In that blind spot we can not see an object. Think about that. What we can't see, hear, smell or feel does not exist. So if you lost all of those senses, then how real would you're current Reality be:)? Isn't it fascinating how we fool our selves into believe everything we read, hear, feel and also what we smell? And isn't fascinating that we all fabricate these believes we have? Others do not create those fabrications, we ourselfs do because somehow we want to have those fabrications as real in our subjective world.

Think about this when it comes to made up illnesses. People can actually fool themselfs to the ultimate degree that they have an illness that the body in the end, actually creates it as on demand. You create your own subjective world. If you want to have cancer, believe me, it is totally possible to fool your body to believe you have it. The only thing that is needed is a very vivid imagination that you yourself believes in. It is absolutly possible to fool yourself to believe something that wasn't there before. One way is through being in a trance state. Hypnosis as they call it.

The interesting thing with Reality is that Reality is what we say it is. Not what others say. What others say is ultimately what you say. You yourself creates this world. And everything in it. What you don't want to have in your world you just eliminate from your periferi. You just cast a blind eye at those things. It's as easy as that. You can see many successful people doing that. They are with people they like, they see what they want to see and what they want to hear. Everyone else are slaves to their own evil demons. They snare themselfs in their subjective creations. And they could very easily unsnare themself if they knew how much power they have. We have what we want to have. We are what we want to be. No one forces us, we create it ourselfs.

I guess you all wonder if I am really crazy. But the first stage to being rich and also free mentally is by understanding that Reality is what you say it is. And this means, you decide how you see the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
So true, fanocks.

One of my favorite "bull sessions" in college was sitting around, debating on how there was no objective reality. :)

-Russ H.

• Banned

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
So true, fanocks.

One of my favorite "bull sessions" in college was sitting around, debating on how there was no objective reality. :)

-Russ H.

Hehehe..exactly:). What I find so funny is when you say this to an academic. They just turn crazy on you. Because they are afraid of not being right. There is no right or wrong. Just what we ourselfs see as right and wrong at the time being.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Non of us see this world in the same way. Maybe we do to a fraction of a degree, but never ever will we see this world 100% the same.

It's that fraction of a degree, where we all see it the same, that has all the value.

• Banned

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
It's that fraction of a degree, where we all see it the same, that has all the value.

Life is easier if people join you:). But does it have any value to you if they ever join you:)? Or if anyone ever wants to agree with you:)?

I live by this: Some people will join you in any kind of endevour others will not join you if you so bribed them. I don't really care who joins me, if some do fine (perfect in fact, who wouldn't be happy about that. Good for the ego:)), if no one does, then I will do it myself anyway. Just for the sheer pleasure of it. My dreams and my follies are my dreams and my follies. They can't be stopped by people without those dreams and follies.

Life is to short to impress people. It also proves to be a waste of time after a while too.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
It isn't about whether people join or agree.

"where we all see it the same" is that we are all human beings, but most people get caught in the differences like our nationalities, our gender, our race. Then we create a false reality or illusion as you called it.

We all have the choice to focus on the illusion or the common ground.

For an example, look at kids or puppies, to them the world is pretty much only full of "potential friends" but for the rest of us "potential friends" is only a small fraction of what we encounter as we move through our life.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
fanocks2003 said:
"The problem of unhappiness. Men don't like being unhappy. Frowns are bad for the complexion.
Men must always be happy, it is in our nature. Nothing runs a good meal like a steak cooked wrong.

The problem of death. The only thing left at the end.

The problem of failure. As NASA would say "Failure is not an option" If you start out thinking of what can go wrong it usually will.

The problem of pain. Ingrown toenails, arthritis, headaches:Without pain how does one know happiness

The problem of love: Find the one who makes you feal good every day .

The problem of purpose: Don't we all search for purpose every morning when we get up?

The problem of reality: Reality is what you make of it. End of story

The problem of evil: Without EVIL there is no GOOD

The problem of self: This changes daily. Finding yourself is just an excuse. You always know who you are and where you are in life. Anything else is a cop out.

The problem of enlightenment: Enlightenment is a subject that I never knew until my wife and daughter.

We have what we want to have. We are what we want to be. No one forces us, we create it ourselfs.
Excellent quote!!!!!

trentton

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 29, 2009
we all will never know what the perpose of life is! its truel a mystery nd what you make of it

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
we all will never know what the perpose of life is! its truel a mystery nd what you make of it

Maybe the real purpose with life is that their never was one:). I think we all want to have a purpose just to create order in an otherwise chaotic world.

As I have mentioned in another post on this forum a long time ago: We all make up things to separate ourselfs from the ultimate fear. The fear of death. Of non existence. Why do we work and believe in that illusion? To make money. Why do we want to earn money and have that as an illusion? So we can pay for ourselfs, so that we don't have to end up on the street. Why don't we want to end up on the street? Because homeless on the street surely means death. Fear of death.

Our whole society ultimately ends up in fear of dying. This fear is why we do all of these crazy stuff all day long and why we strive to be loveable and why we strive to earn money and why we strive to be believable and someone people can trust.

If we did just remove the fear of dying then shouldn't we then all stop doing all of these things all day long:)?

For me, this quest is truly the only real purpose if there ever was a purposeful intent for anything living on this earth.

Colbehh

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 7, 2008
I love talking about this subject, yet I find that so many people will deem you crazy or altogether wont talk about it because of their own religious beliefs.

I think that maybe we choose our purpose, but do not "technically" have one. I never liked the saying that life isn't fair. In my opinion, I think it is totally fair. You're given EVERY opportunity to make something of this life you lead, you have in some shape or form unlimited resources to make/do/be something great. If chance be (as I don't believe in luck) that your "deal" or "big break" falls thru then its probably in some way due to your own negligence in timing, the market, what have you. You must make the most of it, learn from it, never say that it's not fair, make it fair - get ahead of the game and make it "unfair" to someone else! You have the greatest gift anyone can ask for, CHOICE

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The purpose of life is one thing. ~ Curly City Slickers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.