The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Appreneur Path; iOS and Android apps/games

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Beatgoezon
thank you for your reply, there is a lot of info there and i am sure that will no doubt help me tons, i am truly greatful for this and i shall be sure to check out the blogs etc and take in as much as i can! I have about 5 game ideas at the moment i have written down and done some rough sketches so hoping to get these off the ground asap! As soon i put my first project out there i will let you know!

Many thanks again and good luck your self with your development
Hey no problem James! I wish you the best of luck on your development too bud!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
UPDATE:

It's been around 6 months since I got into game development. It's been a real challenge, everyday has been a challenge to learn something new, to push the limits of what I thought was possible, and keep myself motivated.

After a long haul, I've finally created another game that's received great feedback and possibly has potential.

It's called Timber Chimp, check it out and let me know what you guys think here:

Timber Chimp Demo

I decided to create something that would actually be entertaining to users and provide a good user experience. Took a couple of weeks, mostly was a learning process.

I thought about getting feedback a few days ago but was afraid, so after sucking it up I asked a few reputable authorities in the mobile game business, and the game received great feedback, far better than expected!

It was really shocking since I didn't expect it to be all that good at first, however I was told that with the right promotion and marketing, the game could be a huge success.

After around 6 months, I finally feel that we weren't wasting time with the Fastlane, it's like the doubts and fears just washed away:) For me it was a huge victory to reach a level where I can finally make something with even a decent amount of quality, if you've seen my previous games, you'll know what I mean lol.
I'm glad I didn't quit just because my first few games were total crap, now I'm beginning to polish up that crap and make it look less crappy finally;)
What MJ said was completely true, like you'll suck at first, you'll fail at first, but if you stop being event driven and become process driven, eventually you'll have exponential improvements.

I believed it intellectually at first, but now I believe it through actually experiencing it...

Even if it flops, I'm just glad I'm growing and getting better and better at the craft, I'll keep working at it and eventually create something that can be a huge success.

As great as the feedback was, I've been very chaotic for a few days now, wondering what I should do next, where to being, should I ask for help, etc...

I've considered going for a full ASO/marketing/review/pre-launch service, but the at the cost of 2 grand, the option is barrier at the moment.

I've been reading here and there about mobile game marketing for a few months but just recently got into serious research about what it is that I have to do to get the best launch and post launch promotion/marketing.

Due to the competitive/saturated nature of the App Store/ Play Store, it isn't feasible to just launch a game and hope it goes viral.

There's still a lot to improve in the game as well as with myself, but I'll keep doing all I can, the Fastlane is just too important...

Let me know what you guys think about the game, what I should do, etc.

Thanks again guys, best of luck with all your journeys.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.png
    5.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.png
    3.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 9

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Would be great if i could find a well made tutorial that goes into detail like "heres what you do first and then this and then that" many tutorials out there dont explain things clearly and just seen to quickly swap between the main xml and java file without explaining things
Hey Jamie thanks:)

No I've used Android Studio but I don't use that now! As for Unity, I plan on using it in the future, since it's one of the best game dev programs out there!

Yes emulators will get very slow, that's why you should test the games on your phone!

What do you desire exactly, Jamie, in the tutorials? What are you trying to make? What do you want the tutorials to guide you in? Maybe I can point you in the right direction, let me know some more details what you're trying to do, what problems your having at the moment, etc

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
What i want to achieve though more than anything is be a fluent programmer and get many games out there!
That might be due to the character camera/screen camera adjustments being off, it could also be because a blocker isn't in place for the camera scroll. Does Android Studio have camera settings?

I'm not really sure what you could do about that, but if you want to make things efficient and more professional, I'd look into going towards Unity, it may take a bit longer to learn, but I recommend do it, it'll save you countless hours and make your games more efficient.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.