The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The All Time Top 3 Life Changing Books...

For any book discussion

ArizonaBoy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 28, 2014
Chandler, AZ
In no particular order:
1. Early Retirement Extreme: How to find financial freedom through frugal living and being a producer/renaissance man.
2. The Millionaire Fastlane : We all know and love this one.
3. The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy: How the ancient Greek philosophy of Stocism can be applied to improve one's life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dicky Dee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 25, 2014
1. RIch Dad Poor Dad - this was the first book that completely changed my way of thinking at around 23 year old, after i read the book i bought 2 investment properties within a couple months time from finishing the book. It was the wrong decision to make at the time as i bought at the wrong time but the book got me to take my first step towards real estate and heading towards the right path in life....i can honestly say this book changed my life WITHOUT A DOUBT.

2. TMF - Although many concepts in the book i already follow in life prior to reading the book, one thing that really dawned on me is how people trade 5 days of TIME in the week for a 2 day pay cheque and how incredibly ridiculous this concept is to live your whole life. Although i havent worked a 9-5 job in years and have been running a couple of businesses for the past few years this book made it absolutely clear to me what im going to do in the future, it got me thinking of new fastlane ways to make streams of passive income and provide value for customers, because of this book and this forum i just recently started an import business. If i read this book before RDPD this would be my number 1 as both books have allowed me to take a physical step into the fastlane world. The day i realize i've reached my goal and pinnacle i will contact @MJ DeMarco on this forum and insist i come introduce myself to him, shake his hand and tell him he has made a difference in my life.

3. Im not really sure as i have not read many of the books mentioned in this thread, but one that comes to mind is 48 Laws Of Power by Robert Greene. This book teaches you certain techniques in how you carry yourself and how to deal with people in certain situations.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
1. The Millionaire Fastlane : Helped me set my path

2. Rich dad, Poor dad : This book gave me a perception of how money should be used.

3. 48 laws of Power : I learn a lot about people in this book and how we all yearn for power, whether we notice it or not.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
IF I SEE THE SAME BOOK GET MENTIONED AGAIN.......

I might buy it. (lol)

In no particular order (Excluding TMF , which we all should have read..)

1. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
2. How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
3. Rich Dad Poor Dad (good for a base with financial knowledge)

MattJM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2015
If you really think that you can exchange a two years of hard work with one book and working by yourself, than you are literally really stupid.
If you think, that you can believe a Man, who even never did a one mba program, but is teaching it, than you are naive as 5 years old in addition.

Don't go to school, don't do mba. Yes, less producent a community of illiterated idiots.

In all honesty, everything I have learnt from my 3 year degree so far I could have learnt from a couple of books in much less time, and that's a shame but what's done is done.

Apart from TMF :

1. The Chimp Paradox
2. Rich Dad, Poor Dad
3. Psycho Cybernetics

co-heir

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
May 3, 2013
leader without a title
benjamin franklins biography

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
While buying listening material for my long drive to Scottsdale from L.A., last weekend, I came across the audiobook for the first title but ultimately grabbed something else. Your endorsement knocks it back to the top of the list on my next book shopping trip.

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
Scientific Advertising, by Claude Hopkins

Written in 1923. You can easily download it for free online (copyright expired).

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I've never actually read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I know RK gets flack about the seminars but is the book a worthwhile read?
I'm at the end of Rich Dad Poor dad right now and I wish I would have read it a long time ago.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
The e-myth revisited was a great book. More, The Self-investment mentality is a good all-rounder and TMF is the best of the bunch

I personally didn't like E-myth. Too much filler in Michael Gerber's writings. He needs to get to the point.

I saw him in person and got a free copy of the book. He's a real passionate guy and great speaker, didn't really enjoy his book though. Maybe I just don't like his style.

aaron bowe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 14, 2015
1. Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill.
2. How To Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie.
3. The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

deep singh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 17, 2018
Vancouver
[QUOTE="The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield[/QUOTE]

A beautiful book. Highly recommended.

better

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
May 29, 2018
What's the obstacle? How is it in the way?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Basically it is a really well written book that says that going through hardship with courage and beating it is what makes life worth living. Gives very good examples of great people such as Marcus Aurelius, Lincoln, Edison that had overcome immense troubles. Obstacles can include internal and external conflict and changes in life. It made me quit real estate and go into business for myself, and I keep a poster reminder.

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
1. TMF - this is a life-changing book if you do the work
2. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. What makes things "tip" and turn into movements.
3. The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. Most of the knowledge of an MBA program for the cost of a book and a little time.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I've never actually read Rich Dad Poor Dad. I know RK gets flack about the seminars but is the book a worthwhile read?

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014

If you are already a financial expert it's probably not worth it.

For me, it was the first 'money' book that I read; after wanting to learn more I ended up buying TMF. It's a good, coherent book for beginners.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
If you are already a financial expert it's probably not worth it.

For me, it was the first 'money' book that I read; after wanting to learn more I ended up buying TMF. It's a good, coherent book for beginners.
I've already read TMF and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor quite a few times. Sounds like I can skip RDPD then.

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
So if you are short on time

1. As a man thinketh ( I like to think of it as the condensed version of think and grow rich)

2. Extraordinary Popular Delusional and the madness of crowds

3. Probably some arbritage book or mathematics book (risk arbritage is good if you can stomach textbooks)

Some honorable mentions
The miracle morning
Creating magic
Delivering happiness
The goal
Bible (lol)
Million dollar habits
rDpD
The ultimate sales machine
Cashvertising

You should make more time to read, I heard Buffet reads 500 pages a day

NetNinja

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jun 18, 2013
Agreed about Rich Dad poor dad.
I read his book back in early 90's

I found a lot of flaws in his book as in pretty much exaggerations of the truth.
I'll give you one example. He joined the Marine Corps to lead Marines. Some truth but he was a 2ndLT and a helicopter pilot. Pilots don't lead Marines.
He did serve in the Marines and he did go to Vietnam, He did a 2 year tour and he resigned his commission.

Read it to get a basic understanding of what he is talking about in terms of Rich dad and Poor dad.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Yes

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
1. Psycho-Cybernetics - Dr. Maxwell Maltz

Everyone at some point in their life must become their own plastic surgeon.

2. Cashflow Quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki

Come on over to the right side.

3. The Secret to Selling Anything - Harry Browne

We are all moving towards our own happiness.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
These days I spend a lot more time listening to podcasts than anything. My favorite books however are:

1. TFL
2. How to get Rich (Felix Dennis)
3. Re-work
4. Philosophies the came from Lean Startup (Have the book, just could never get through it because I felt like I read it through all of the blog posts I read on it)

D

DeletedUser8

Very much so, one of my favorite books due to it's simple, yet impactful message.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
nm

Last edited:

Fujin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 30, 2014
Ukraine
#1 Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco: absolutely epic book. Completely different from other business reading.
#2 Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki: the must read basics for every entrepreneur.
#3 The Art of Time-Management by Bodo Schafer: the best time-management book I've ever read.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.