The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 1 Simple Trick That Took Me From 0 Buyers in 2 Months to 4 in the First Day! - $3000 Product

Marketing, social media, advertising

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The product is actually my car, but I got you interested huh?

Anyway...

I have been trying to sell my car for about 2 months now. I have posted it around 4 times and had one response from a guy who never showed up. Really discouraging and frustrating.

Anyway so I have this weekend off which is the only weekend I get in a month off so I decided that this weekend I will sell it, no matter what, I was even prepared to take a huge price drop!

So I changed a few things and re-posted it not expecting much to happen. In the first hour one guy offered me $1500, half my asking price, I actually thought I may have to take it and said I would get back to him. Nothing happened for a few hours and then after 4 hours I had a guy coming to look. He offered to give me $2800 on Monday and I said yes. Since then I have had 3 more people reply, all very interested in the car.

So from 0 interest in 2 months, to 5 offers in the same day!

What I did was so simple but the results have amazed me! Same car, same price, same photos!

All I did was change the title from:

2003 Toyota Corolla Hatchback

to

Quick Little Gas Saver - Well Cared For!

And I changed the main photo to one of the others in the advert, it was better lit and showed the car a bit better.

I also think posting it on the weekend helped immensely.

Simple common sense stuff and you hear it all the time, it's nothing new, I'm not claiming I'm a genius for sharing it, the reason I made this thread was simply because I just couldn't believe the difference it made. I figured in a small town with not many cars for sale if someone was interested they would look regardless. I was wrong.

In other news while checking my advert out I saw an ad for an iPad, 2 months old, with box etc and I talked him down to $100, you really don't know what people will take, he even dropped it to my house. So all in all, despite not working all weekend, I'm a lot richer

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Congrats. Much better than my attempt to sell our Jeep w/ great photos and good sales copy. I never changed the title:headbanger:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great story and proves the value of being skilled at making headlines that draw eyeballs.

Anyone could probably make a living buying poorly advertised stuff @ Craigslist and reselling it at higher prices by just changing the copy, the headline, and the pictures, etc.

Rep+

Last edited:
D

Deleted20833

You made the value proposition easier to understand by making it more "tangible"..the first headline spoke on product...second spoke on benefit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I did this recently with my Canon Rebel T2i. I saw everyone had "Canon Camera", or just the model number for the title. I thought for a second and put mine as, "Capture Priceless Moments with Ease in HD".

Sold it the next day for my asking price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.