The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tell me why my website sucks...

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Yes I was running a google adwords campaign. If there is a better way to go about this let me know. It's not cheap but it brings in the traffic.

If there is a cheaper, more effective option I'm all ears.
Try some sites like TrafficJunky.net, Exoclick, JuicyAds, Traffic Holder, and Adbucks.

The first 3 are self serve, if I remember correctly the last two are managed? Can't remember, but they should all be MANY, MANY times cheaper to run on compared to Adwords, and you will probably have a much higher ROI. Actually, I'd be willing to help you out. Send me a PM.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pebertad

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 27, 2013
Your site is not really ranked in google. I think you are not choosing the right keywords and you are not doing well in most of the social media websites.

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Good suggestions thank you. I will make some changes to the site. It's great getting other opinions on this stuff. I'm locked up in my room alone working on this haha.

Still debating on hiring a pro and taking another crack at this. I hate to keep shoveling cash into a black hole.

Yes I was running a google adwords campaign. If there is a better way to go about this let me know. It's not cheap but it brings in the traffic.

If there is a cheaper, more effective option I'm all ears.

Sign up to traffic junky or exoclick. They do self-serve media buys on large adult networks. In my experience I've got 2c-5c clicks. CPM

Trafficjunky allow you to put banner ads on all the most popular adult sites.

I've promoted dating, enhancement products as an affiliate and done pretty good.

Even though you own the product you will still need to make a presell landing page... To bridge to the main page of your offer. This should help you increase conversions. Those that go through an extra step are more committed.

Lastly, have you scouted your competition? I suggest you go to these adult tube sites and look at the banners there.

Click one one of those "before you have sex do this" type of banner and study what they do with their presell landing page and how they are directing to the offer. Trust me, those ads are spending 20,000 a day on those placements. They are definitely doing something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ricktx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 27, 2013
Texas, USA
Let me just point out, you are up against very stiff competition.

Yea... No kidding. The adult product market is hard to get into. I have tried it twice, no with male enhancement products but adult products, and failed bad both times.

Here is how I would attempt to do it, for what that may be worth.

Have you considered a blog with some good information one it? Natural ways to better sex or something like that, using good SEO pages to capture some free traffic. Then try to capture the visitors email address, giving away a free reports on natural sex enhancement or something. Using email follow-up to try and sell the product to them as a short cut to the all natural way. People love short cuts to get hard things done.

The rest of the posts have good advice... I would do most of it also.

Hope it helps....
Good luck

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
Anyone here telling you your website looks good has 0 experience on online marketing.

Here is your competition websites:
http://enhancerx.com/
http://www.vigrx.net/

Here is a website I made in 1 day in the same niche:
realmaleenhancementproducts.com (Invested only in domain name, just to test competition, saw that I would not rank in the niche and left).

You have no logo, sales page and poor design. Only when you fix this can we go further and look for other reasons.

It is possibly that your marketing strategy was flawed, there definitely is a need for such a product, but you probably targeted the wrong crowd.

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
Something I learned recently, is that you should always release your minimum value product as soon as possible, and adapt it according to the feedback you receive by your audience.

Think about it, if you launched your website before launching your product, you could have visited a couple of forums dedicated to male enhancement and make a few threads/progress threads about your product.

You could then have tested the retention rate of your audience and their feedback from the website before making any investment.

Now that you know what you must change, make a pivot and try again.

Keep trying new things and learning from their outcomes, this is one of the most important rules when your product is launched, you can never know what your audience wants if you dont try it first.

ueki94

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 10, 2013
Just for curiosity, how much where you paying for 100 visitor?

I know your niche is competitive, making the costs higher, which is why you should have started in easier markets.

But I would recommend you to do A-B Tests, where after changing the website completely with the stuff I told you before, you could start making small changes, every 200-300 visitors and test what increases conversions/retention rates and what does the opposite.

You will find that simple changes, sometimes as simple as a different logo, increase your conversion rate by 100%!

Even after having the basics of the website down (which will probably increase your conversion rate by 1000's%) each element still counts. Your task is to make small changes very often, and find what converts.

whiteeclipse

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
May 9, 2013
Orlando, FL
Anyone here telling you your website looks good has 0 experience on online marketing.

Here is your competition websites:
http://enhancerx.com/
http://www.vigrx.net/

Here is a website I made in 1 day in the same niche:
realmaleenhancementproducts.com (Invested only in domain name, just to test competition, saw that I would not rank in the niche and left).

You have no logo, sales page and poor design. Only when you fix this can we go further and look for other reasons.

It is possibly that your marketing strategy was flawed, there definitely is a need for such a product, but you probably targeted the wrong crowd.

realmaleenhancementproducts.com is a good looking site, good job.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I would have spent the $1K on video, not traffic.
But you all know me.... crazy video guy.

I don't have the product yet so I was concerned about not having a product picture!
My first instinct as a consumer is that this site isn't "legit". Too many times have I gone to buy something only to find that it's a dropshipper selling to me at inflated prices. That image you're using of the pills SCREAMS "I'm a cheap CPA offer and that's it".

Here's what you do:
You seem pretty dope with design. I love the design of the website. I don't know what everybody else is talking about. Your design made me want to stay. The other landing pages everybody else is showing you as 'good design' repel me.

They may have logos, product shots, some great images, but look like every other spammy site out there. Cluttered, throwing too much at the consumer. I like your approach much better.

I suggest to use that same visual branding to design a label for your product. Then buy one of these ($7 max) and slap your logo on them... and you've now got a legitimate product shot to ease the minds of your customers.

http://graphicriver.net/item/photorealistic-pill-bottles-mockup/5254682?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=eveber
http://graphicriver.net/item/bottle-combinations-mock-up/3310530?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=akropol
http://graphicriver.net/item/pharmaceutical-container-mockup/3406803?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=BaGeRa
http://graphicriver.net/item/pharmaceutical-container-mockup-v2/4310970?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=BaGeRa

I see a big block of copy. Too much to read so I completely skipped over it. How much of your traffic WOULD be interested if they had actually read what you were offering?

How much traffic did your 1K in adwords get you? 1K visits?

D

Deleted17784

Thanks again guys. I'm just plotting my next move at the moment.

My stats are saying I've had 1,969 unique visitors since I started my adwords campaign in mid August. The only marketing I did was a single google ad. Of course when the ad stopped running the traffic died.

61 people clicked the BUY IT NOW button and made it to the Shipping information page. Then everyone bailed but two.... That's why I was concerned about the location of my shipping info page. I thought 61 people clicking the BUY IT NOW button was a pretty good sign. Maybe I ran them off because they were expecting a check out cart or something else?

The other landing pages everybody else is showing you as 'good design' repel me.

They may have logos, product shots, some great images, but look like every other spammy site out there. Cluttered, throwing too much at the consumer. I like your approach much better.

Thanks. I am not going to pretend for a second that I know a thing about web design and web marketing but I agree with you. These competitors sites look way too busy and spammy IMO. I get dizzy just looking at them.

Thanks for the advice. I agree I should have a product photo. Wasn't sure how to do this without using some photo shop garbage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.