The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Suggest how can I make my product fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
Hi Good Day! If you remember me from Soya Milk business thread, I am here now for clothing business LOL.

Actually, this is my existing business before I read TMF this was running for 2 years and I am not satisfied for the sales.

Do you have any suggestion/s for me to make it fastlane?

* EDIT : How can I edit the thread title hehe. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
One of the biggest characteristics of a fastlane business is scale. So you need to figure out how to expand your business so it's able to reach millions of people.

Are you selling/advertising your products online? If you haven't put your business online, now would be a great time to start.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Oh my god a female.... h-h-hi.

in all seriousness I really don't understand this thread. Isn't this something you should be trying to workout?

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
@Ninjakid

I dont have a website yet only facebook fan page, my product went to different countries but not in huge quantity.

@borntodominate

Yes!

Please suggest guy's, I am expanding my business after my resignation.
Got lower sales after I engaged in Day to Day job as employee (read my introduction hihi)
I forgot to mention my existing business in my introduction haha! I'm so sorry guys.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I currently do art full-time, but in college ran a couple niche clothing brands (over a year ago). We made and sold high-end baseball caps and made ok money doing it ($100k+ annual revenues) but never made it fastlane - particularly because we didn't do what the smarter brands did. Here's what they did and you can do too:

1. Set aside a decent amount for investment ($20k is a good start).
2. Concentrate on the product, not on sales to start. You're building a brand. That's what you're selling. Everyone sells t-shirts. You're selling a lifestyle, exclusivity, etc. Find what differentiates your product and focus your brand around it.
3. Make a site that's aligned with your brand. I recommend Squarespace often because it's easy to use and creates very high-end looking minimalistic sites.
4. Get awesome product pictures. Hire hot girls from the local college to model your clothes.
5. Create a look-book (this can be part of #4).
6. Go to a trade show, learn the ins and outs of what a good booth looks like. See who's getting the most traffic.
7. Figure out which trade show you plan to go to, and then build your schedule for product development for that trade show.
8. Go to that trade show and kick a$$.
9. In the spare time, concentrate on building the brand. Social media, celebrity endorsements, etc.

From what I've seen, trade shows are the fastest way of scaling your business. If you have a great product, then you'll get purchase orders for 9-months down the line. Economies of scale is where you make money.

When we made baseball caps in 100 unit runs, we paid $9 per hat. When we made 2,500, we paid $3 per hat. Our costs dropped by two-thirds, and our wholesale revenue doubled. You want to concentrate on scale. Trade shows are the #1 way to get scale.

MAGIC is a good show to research. If you have the money and time, I recommend flying out this month.

tl;dr Make samples, not inventory. Build the brand. Use the samples at the trade show to get purchase orders. Use purchase orders to finance inventory and scale.

P.s. Need sleep, sorry if I wrote something poorly.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
@Ninjakid

I dont have a website yet only facebook fan page, my product went to different countries but not in huge quantity.

@borntodominate

Yes!

Please suggest guy's, I am expanding my business after my resignation.
Got lower sales after I engaged in Day to Day job as employee (read my introduction hihi)
I forgot to mention my existing business in my introduction haha! I'm so sorry guys.
I'd recommend making a website, and using social media to promote your site. You can get A LOT of new customers just by inviting people to join your facebook page.

Also, I haven't seen your products at all, but you should check what you're selling and make sure there's still a demand for it. You may have to tweek your inventory a bit because fashion can change dramatically over two years

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
for 2 years I got 950 likes in my page hehe
I started a raffle of shirts from 700 likes to 950 likes. Im not satisfied for this numbers. Do you recommend facebook advertising ( boosting post in fan page )
. This is Gospel shirts btw.
Thanks guys

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
we recommended by our clients to others like for example our sister in our church buy our shirts then she will recommend it to their friends in other country. therefore i have a new customers thats the only time my shirt sold and so on. shirt solds only by recommendation...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You can go on fan pages related to the Gospel and post a link to your page.

My Uncle has a magazine, and he got like 8000 likes for his fb page page within like a few months just by doing this. It also increased the traffic to his website dramatically.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
we recommended by our clients to others like for example our sister in our church buy our shirts then she will recommend it to their friends in other country. therefore i have a new customers thats the only time my shirt sold and so on. shirt solds only by recommendation...

Some questions that will help us help you:

1. What country are you in?
2. Where are you selling?
3. How many shirts do you have - 10, 20, etc.?
4. Is it just shirts, or are you selling other things too?
5. How much $ are you willing to spend on testing out marketing strategies?
6. Are you getting any sales yet?
7. If so, where are you selling? Online? Wholesale? Other avenues?
8. Are any of those distribution channels successful? If not, can you make them successful?

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
Some questions that will help us help you:

1. What country are you in? Philippines
2. Where are you selling? Online no clothing shop stall yet
3. How many shirts do you have - 10, 20, etc.? We print 20pcs a day (20pcs sold daily or lower) need to scale
4. Is it just shirts, or are you selling other things too? Future Plan is to have other materials such as Mugs, Caps, Keychains etcetera
5. How much $ are you willing to spend on testing out marketing strategies? "no idea for now"
6. Are you getting any sales yet? Yes
7. If so, where are you selling? Online? Wholesale? Other avenues? Online. Retailers
8. Are any of those distribution channels successful? If not, can you make them successful? nope

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

You're selling 20pcs a day. Is it safe to assume that those sales are in the Philippines?

If they're in the Philippines, do you think that you could get the same amount of sales in Australia, the U.S., or any other English-speaking country where residents have a higher disposable income?

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
@against

I'm started from scratch, haha! I'm exploring what I have for now. Dont expect a huge sale as of this writing.

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
You're selling 20pcs a day. Is it safe to assume that those sales are in the Philippines?

If they're in the Philippines, do you think that you could get the same amount of sales in Australia, the U.S., or any other English-speaking country where residents have a higher disposable income?
what can you suggest for this thread?

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
Changed my FB fan page name and all LIKES was wiped out hahaha and I can't merge it.
Back to 1 like :D

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
what can you suggest for this thread?

So are your sales in the Philippines or other countries too? Because if they're in the Philippines then it'd be easy for you to grow the business by targeting other markets. Let's so you can do 20 sales in the U.S. at a $10 profit each, then your business goes from whatever it is now to $70k in profit a year. That's an awesome starting point. Let me know if that's the case and I'll write a post to help you out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.