The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Submitting to Tech / Comp blogs

Marketing, social media, advertising

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Hi guys,

I have been trying to submit my free Chrome plug-in to various tech and computer blogs to see if they would pick it up, but I have not gotten any response. I have sent it to 10+ blogs, hoping that they will post a review, shoutout, something about it.

Does anyone know of a better way to try and get the popular blogs to look at your product?

Here is my plugin for reference.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/annopad/johjcheghocokbkhacbfbhojoangkpcb

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mags

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Oct 18, 2011
Pitch it to more. I do not think 10+ is enough. Scale it up a bit.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Any other way besides just emailing them?

Clayton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2012
San Diego
You could try starting out contacting less popular blogs, then, after they post, you go to slightly more popular blogs and say "Check out this post that this other blog did" and work your way up. That's the basis of the Ryan Holiday method anyway. A good podcast and transcript on that on Mixergy.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Twitter.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Someone I know pitched tech crunch as their fist source and got in. They scanned the website for editors, he either got his number or called them direct then asked for him... But yeah he just called and talked to get in. Look up those bloggers whois and see if they have phone numbers there. Don't forget it may be your product though, maybe it's just not interesting to them, don't take it the wrong way but no reason to beat your head against a wall. A phone call is always good too because they will tell you the real reason why they don't want to write about it. At some point you can offer money nothing wrong with that.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Hey that is a cool plugin. Surprised you aren't getting traction, unless you are submitting to apple fanboy blogs ;)

Except I noticed it says it taps your tabs and browsing activity. does your app track history and how long do you retain it and what do you do with it?

Hostile17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 13, 2013
I used to write for GigaOm and other tech blogs. We used to get hundreds or dozens of pitches and PRs each day, but could only cover a tiny, tiny fraction of that, especially since most of the work that the writers do are either assigned by the editor or topics that they personally chose. So writing about PR stuff and pitches tends to be squeezed in when contributors have nothing else in their queue to write about (and some even don't look at the PR pile).

Better to 1) look for and contact the contributor whose "beat" includes covering apps like yours and 2) have a standout pitch. If you want, you can PM me your pitch and I can look it over for you and give you pointers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.