The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Strategy for export opportunity

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

awesom-o

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Aug 10, 2011
United Kingdom
An interesting opportunity which I'm looking into at the moment has arisen for me due my small import operation . I've always had my eye on export and this sounds like a real possibility.

A leading company in Big Data is launching an e-commerce project to allow direct sales of foreign brands in their country.

It provides platform for their consumers to place an order and brand owners or authorised distributors in my country to receive the order and ship products directly to consumers. So to begin with it sounds very much like a drop shipping situation .

I need to form a proposal for tender and send it through to the company for consideration.

I'm currently drawing up a plan of attack. As I'm not a brand owner as such I would fall into the later category of authorised distributor. I've devised the following scenarios with the pretence I seek out SME rather than the big hitters and have in place a distribution license for the region with each.

1) To get SME's on board I tell them I can boost/create sales in an emerging overseas market. In return I would require the licence (see above) for a period of say 6 months after which we will review. The order would come to me and would then forward the order details/address for packing. My company would arrange a courier to collect from their premises. I'd also deal with all the export paper work.

2) Same as above however they would send the product to me first to forward.

Obvious revenue would be a percentage cut of each sale to begin with.

Overtime the business would evolve with me taking on physical stock at trade prices. Eventually taking on overseas warehousing. So a long term a move away from dropshipping would be my target.

Have I missed out an obvious model? Is there a better way to put this opportunity to potential suppliers? I'd be really valuable to hear of any alternative strategies/ ideas to exploit this opportunity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.