The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Spring 2015 Canton Fair

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
http://www.cantonfair.net/

Who's going?
What phases are you attending?
Where are you staying?
What dates are you arriving/departing?

I'm planning phase 2 and phase 3 and an arrival of April 23rd - departure May 3rd.

Anyone else attending?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
Just booked flight/hotel arrangements. Flight lands April 23rd in Hong Kong and leaves May 4th. This should give me a few days in both Phase 2 and Phase 3.

If anyone is planning on attending, message me on here so we can exchange contact information to possibly meet up.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I plan on going, I was there for phases 2 and 3 last year, its a good time. Phase 2 is huge you might need the entire time

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
I plan on going, I was there for phases 2 and 3 last year, its a good time. Phase 2 is huge you might need the entire time

I plan on attending all days of Phase 2 and two days of Phase 3 since most of Phase 3 isn't relevant to my business currently. Maybe we can meet up while we're there. I'll message you when the time gets closer.

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA
Was planning on going in October but may move it up to this Spring iteration. Was originally thinking Phase 1 but may just do Phase 2 and 3. Have you guys (@1step i know you documented your time last year) ever set extra time to actually do supplier visits maybe for items you are importing already?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
ever set extra time to actually do supplier visits maybe for items you are importing already?

I plan to this time. Last year I wasn't importing anything yet so I didn't have any one to visit at the time. I plan to spend a month or so in China between April and May. I am hoping to go to some smaller niche trade shows while there. Canton is expensive for vendors so many manufacturers skip it. A lot of the companies that go are trading companies.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I really want to go to Phase 2 and 3. Do you guys already have plane tickets and hotel reservations?

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
I'm going to Phase 2/3. Went in October and it was just insane. The amount of walking you will do will literally kill your feet and knees.

Be prepared with the best footwear you can buy!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Be prepared with the best footwear you can buy!

Problem identified. Problem solved:

f04da2db11221029867f3c.jpg

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
I really want to go to Phase 2 and 3. Do you guys already have plane tickets and hotel reservations?

I secured my plane/hotel in mid January. Looks like there are going to be a handful of forum members at the fair. I'd like to start a Skype group once it gets closer so we can connect with each other and meet up while we are there. @1step @putinwork @AgainstAllOdds

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
I might go to Phase 2. Can we get tickets 2/3 weeks before ?

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
I might go to Phase 2. Can we get tickets 2/3 weeks before ?

Plane tickets and hotel might be hard to come by that close to the fair, but it's doable. You will probably just end up paying a higher price or staying further away. You can get an entry pass in to Canton extremely close to the even so that shouldn't be an issue.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I know you aren't from the us but you also probably need to think about entry into the country. We are required a visa which can be done that quick maybe same for you but definitely need to check it out

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I saw a few people using them and will inquire about one of these for this year! Do you know if a place rents them out or something?

I'm not sure, the only people I noticed using them were people selling them - I saw some of the bigger segways in the main halls which I think were maybe rentable to get between the different buildings.

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA
Just sent off docs and passport for my Visa! I'll be there April 16th to May 8th. Look forward to meeting up with some of you guys there. We should round up each other's information to meet up while there.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
anyone use the eservice tool to get their invitation letter? Or did you just apply for the visa?

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
anyone use the eservice tool to get their invitation letter? Or did you just apply for the visa?

Eservice tool was taking entirely too long so I just applied for a tourist visa. I don't plan on actually "conducting business" while in China, only meeting suppliers at Canton. I actually received my visa yesterday after sending the application off with www.rushmytravelvisa.com a couple of weeks ago.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
For anyone that's ever been, did you benefit immensely by going to the Canton Fair? Have you ever found any gems who DON'T advertise on alibaba, madeinchina, hktdc, etc etc all the online portals? I feel anyone at the fair can be found online, but I may be wrong, hence my curiosity here. If this was in June, I would have probably went.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
Eservice tool was taking entirely too long so I just applied for a tourist visa. I don't plan on actually "conducting business" while in China, only meeting suppliers at Canton. I actually received my visa yesterday after sending the application off with www.rushmytravelvisa.com a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks. I just heard back from eservice and received my buyers badge and invitation letter - will be able to go to the Chinese consulate next week and apply for the visa. They say it should take 3 days to secure the visa, so should be good to go.

Elizabeth Shi

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 18, 2014
China

putinwork

Read -> PUT.IN.WORK
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Apr 11, 2013
Toronto
Hi All,

As Canton Fair starts today, I just wanted to touch base & see if you are in China or planning to attend the Canton Fair? Our office is just 20 minutes away from the Canton Fair venue and in case you are in China, we would absolutely love to invite you to our office and see if we can be of any value to you.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

I'll be going to some HK Fairs & Canton Fair, would love to drop by and see how your services can help us scale. Which would be better to visit, the China office or HK?

Feel free to PM if needed.

Elizabeth Shi

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 18, 2014
China
Hi @putinwork ,

Great to know you'll be visiting Canton Fair. You are more than welcome to visit. Our Head Office is in Guangzhou, let me know your plans so I can arrange accordingly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.