Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Spinning wheels

Discussion in 'Process / Progress / Execution Threads' started by William, Aug 25, 2013.

1. William

William 30 kph Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $204
    I have a goal but I am at a particular road block.

Currently, I am the "manager" of valet parking at one of the biggest hotels on the east coast. While working here, I have noticed the pain points within the realm of valet parking. People complain about all types of shit: someone moved their seat, car takes too long to be retrieved, price is too high, etc.

From almost two years of experience with this role, my logical guess is that the steep price of valet parking is what there could be a viable solution for. It's 50 bucks a night to park. Whenever I say that to a guest, I always inform them that they have in and out privileges and access to their car whenever. Still, some guests DONT GIVE A SHIT: 50 bucks a night to park is just ridiculous. I would say about 3 out of 10 guests have an issue with the price. Out of the 1400 room hotel that's around 420 people who have an issue with the price of parking (assuming the hotels full).

Next....I explain the options:

1. Self park for $36 w/ no in and out privileges. Directly across the street.
    2. Self park around the corner for $30 bucks w/ no in and out privileges.

Half of the time they shrug, wave their hand and say...."psshhh....I'll valet." The price difference is not great enough to park across the street, without in and out privileges, and no convenience of someone bringing your car right up to you. The other half of the time they obviously choose one of the 2 options that I propose.

The thing is...I'm not aware of ALL the self parking in that area, especially in regards to price. And there are TONS. Those two I mentioned are the ones where I know price and location. For most guests, (7 out of 10) convenience trumps price. For the other 3 out of 10 people, they are willing to park elsewhere ESPECIALLY if the price difference is substantial.

Would an app that directs you the nearest, cheapest parking fulfill this need?
    Does anyone have a good angle to approach this from?

Been thinking about this for weeks...

Any comments would be much appreciated.

2. exige

exige 90 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $909
    There's some apps for that already like Park Me and Best Parking. Can you beat them in some way?

1 person likes this.
  3. William

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $204
    I have checked out Best Parking not Park Me however. I'll take a deeper look into both and see if there is something that can be improved.

4. William

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $204
    So I looked at both sites, both seem like there is a little too much going on. Seems as if it should be more simple and less cluttered.

Things that I have asked myself are: Is there unnecessary information in these apps that could be eliminated or lowered?

Is there a specific group of people I can target? (hotel guests, ppl. who only want short-term parking, only 24 hr parking)

Oversize vehicles, motorcycles, and vehicles with attachments have difficulty parking at times....is there a way to ease that difficulty?

People want their cars to go in and out but some people don't go far or places where a taxi, train, bus, or walking wont take you for cheap...is there a way to make them aware of that?