The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Speeding :(

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Go screw yourself mike you prick. :rofl:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
It always seems to happen in Virginia...

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
In Thailand I pay the cop 200baht($6) and we both leave happy. :D

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I can't go to the hearing. It was almost exactly 1/2 if the way or 6 hrs from both here n my mom's. I just have to pay it and take the suspension. Hopefully because it's out of state and va is not recroprical with GA dmv I may just escape the insurance hike. God willing :) I had an accident about 12 yrs ago that I got cited for careless driving in pa. I fought it thru the first level in court n lost. It cost $65 and it was $75 to take it to appeal so I just paid that too :( so I can't say I'm clear. But this is my first speeding ticket ever :( I don't expect or deserve any breaks. I'll take my lumps along with the fine n suspension n like I said before I'm happy it's only that and not my or someone else's life as the price.

Personally I wouldn't bet on these assumptions and would pay to fight it. I've never had to go to court because the people I use delay for 2 years and then have the ticket thrown out. Why fight in court when you can let it die on it's own.

Assumptions are expensive - in investing and in life in general.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I wrote up quite the response about her mental health and her extreme selfishness but I will go ahead and refrain because I don't have time to argue with a loony and I also have more work to do now and in the coming weeks than lights has done or ever will do in her entire life :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I can't go to the hearing. It was almost exactly 1/2 if the way or 6 hrs from both here n my mom's. I just have to pay it and take the suspension. Hopefully because it's out of state and va is not recroprical with GA dmv I may just escape the insurance hike. God willing :) I had an accident about 12 yrs ago that I got cited for careless driving in pa. I fought it thru the first level in court n lost. It cost $65 and it was $75 to take it to appeal so I just paid that too :( so I can't say I'm clear. But this is my first speeding ticket ever :( I don't expect or deserve any breaks. I'll take my lumps along with the fine n suspension n like I said before I'm happy it's only that and not my or someone else's life as the price.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Wonder how much getting pulled over 20 times wastes your freedom compared to the amount of time you save of your freedom by speeding lol. Would be interesting. Getting pulled over is probably more of a hassle than it is worth, which is why I drive the speed limit.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I've had sooo many speeding tickets. I always hire a traffic lawyer, my record is clean. I do hate going to court, as in a few instances I've had to wait 5+ hours.... Last time I was in there I was reflecting on TMF , on how I was being responsible (paying) but not accountable (still speeding). Ahh this heavy food of mine

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wonder how much getting pulled over 20 times wastes your freedom compared to the amount of time you save of your freedom by speeding lol

Ha, I can tell ya here in AZ, "driving school" will eat up at least one Saturday of your life! Pay the fines and your insurance is hit pretty hard... wreck a Viper and you'll pay the price for years to come.

:rolleyes:

Lots of unpleasant consequences can truly come from "speeding" so word to the wise: Be careful out there!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
What county, where did you get pulled over? Welcome to the commonwealth! Anything 15mph and over is reckless driving here and eventually becomes reckless endangerment.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Need to save energy, turning the lights off for good, ignored:

hD6683212

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"No good deed goes unpunished."

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I'm bored lol

You always seem to have a chip on your shoulder lol

I am actually a pretty nice guy in person. Every once in a while I just get overwhelmed and stressed about life/work/school and I'll be the first to admit that my attitude during those really stressful moments is very much reflected in my posts. I have probably upset quite a few people on the forum, just know it's nothing personal if I do, I am working on improving

:smx4:

Sorry for hijacking this thread: :eek:fftopic:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Speeding tickets are about revenue, not safety. It is just one more way the "government for the people by the people" is no more. Government was created to improve our lives not control it and take our money every way they can.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I agree and disagree. Breaking the law (as I did) is equivalent to a student burtsing out of their seat, hand raised shouting oh me me me. Pick me please!!! Lol

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
So as some of you may or may not know, I had to go to pa for a family emergency. I ended up going monday and coming home on friday.

On my way home I got pulled over for speeding in Virginia :( I have never really gotten in trouble for speeding before. thats usually my husbands job LOL. not to say I dont speed but I typically get let off with a warning. that is untill 3am friday morning.

I thought oh hey no big deal. I was speeding. I deserve it. figuring it was going to be like a $200 tickets like all of my other half's were.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN! They want $496! and my license is suspended for 2 frickin months! it was not just a speeding ticket :(

usually I am a pretty smart person. usually! I had no idea that they could suspend your license for 1 ticket! I thought you had to accumulate points before that happened :(

my ticket was for wreckless driving. doing 94 in a 70.

watch your speeds. I know I will be from now on! LOL.

bad lesson but I deserved that and more. thankfully I didnt learn this lesson the real hard way.

awkwardgenius

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 28, 2012
Southern California
You received a just and right penalty for all of the people you killed and maimed...

Oh, wait.

watch your speeds.

Yeah, or else you may find yourself the victim of harassment and a money grab by the local authorities.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Sorry to hear that Carrie, but then again, 94 is one hell of a speed in a 70 zone!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger though :)

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
It was 3am on I-95. Not that it makes a difference...

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
It is a just punishment. Anytime you go 20+ mile per hour over posted speed limit they will get you like this. At court, depending the municipality, you could try argueing for a lesser offense, especially if you have never had any history of similar offense. Again, depending on the court, they are more interested in the fines than giving you points.

At any rate, learn your lesson and be thankful you were stopped when you were. Who knows what you might have ran into further down the road.

Thanks for sharing.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just take the defensive driving thing online. You can only take it once a year in TX. I drive completely normal for the year after and then speed up little by little after the grace period. Then I get a ticket.

My license has never been suspended. My CHL helps me get out of tickets and my Valentine 1 keeps me from getting pulled over in the first place. I have had about 6 tickets in my life, but I have been pulled over probably 20 times.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I just take the defensive driving thing online. You can only take it once a year in TX. I drive completely normal for the year after and then speed up little by little after the grace period. Then I get a ticket.

My license has never been suspended. My CHL helps me get out of tickets and my Valentine 1 keeps me from getting pulled over in the first place. I have had about 6 tickets in my life, but I have been pulled over probably 20 times.

How does your CHL help you get out of tickets? It's never seemed to help me avoid them!

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I fight all tickets. I haven't one stick yet (fingers crossed).

In Canada if the ticket is tied up in court for 2 years or more, it gets thrown out. Up here, tickets can cause your insurance premium to skyrocket - quadrupling or more. Tickets may also incur "points". Once a driver hits 14 points, their license is suspended for a long long time.

0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction.

1-19 km/h The amount of km over times $2.50 = fine
20-29 km/h The amount of km over times $3.75 = fine
30-49 km/h The amount of km over times $6.00 = fine
50 km/h+ (speeding) The amount over times $9.75 times $1.25 = fine
50+km/hr (Stunt Driving / Racing) fine amount can range from $2,000 - $10,000

http://speedingontario.com/penalties.php

I can either hire a service to do it or have one of my family members do it. I have retired former police ticketing officers in the family who learned from repeat driving offenders who always got their tickets thrown out.

For me, it's worth it to fight all tickets.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
the part that got me was the fact that I was actually arrested! that and the cop told me had I been going 6 more mph over the speed limit I would have been taken in front of the judge! 100mph and up is the same as a dwi/dui! I had no clue!

and believe you me the amount of time I have saved over 7+ round trips from here to pa and back was enough to pay the ticket :D but all in all with the possible consequences of doing 95+ it isnt worth it ;)

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
So you got taken to jail?? In some states when you go over 100+ that's when you're taken in. I was doing a 100+ one time, but the cop knocked it down to 96, so that was cool of him. (Yes, stupid of me)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.