The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

sliightly taller heels shoes for men...

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
sliightly taller heels shoes for men...
i see nowhere in retail sell this kind of shoes.
i see people that sells this kind of shoes polarize too much (extreme height increasing) that people called their shoes as height increasing shoes, and sometimes the shoes looks awkward.
how do you think guys?
i'm not going to polarize too much by doing very tall men shoes.
i think about shoes that, have sliiiiightly taller 3-5 cm (normal heels+inside-height-increasing-insole) from the rest. but not too much that make people call my shoes as height increasing, that for some people considered as lame.
i'm going to using my own brand, and manufactured from china.
need your insight guys.
thanks. :thankyousign::thankyousign::thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
picard-facepalm.jpg

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
So you want to make shoes that make you taller but not call them shoes that make you taller?

Ive looked into the niche, I think what you are trying to do if I understand it right is a bad idea. I think there could be an opportunity in height increasing insoles and shoes but I dont understand why you would make taller shoes and not call them that

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
i want to be recognize as regular shoes but slightly taller.
you know, nike shox for example. i see people questioning sports shoes that makes them taller. and most recommend nike shox/airmax.
but they dont want to be declared as wearing height-increasing shoes, cause it would pretty lame for them.
i want people think "ill pick this one (regular value), because its taller (added value)", without stroke their ego if they use official-height-increasing-shoes.
im thinking for the start, there will be 3 simple categories shoes: working, casual, sports.

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
So youre going to be competing with Nike? Do you have a bank roll? Any experience? Anything other than an idea that you think people will wear your shoes because they make them 1 inch taller?

You would be better off buying height increasing insoles that increase your height by an inch or so

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
So youre going to be competing with Nike?
of course not. im going to compete at middle level.
the problem with height increasing insoles is they dont provide comfort since the front part of shoes is not designed for that.
i would make more room in front of shoes to accomodate the raising part of feet, thus more comfort.

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
and im sure nike dont have this 'taller' mindset when designing shox. it just happen when they designed cushion, it makes the shoes taller than average.

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
the problem with height increasing insoles is they dont provide comfort since the front part of shoes is not designed for that.
i would make more room in front of shoes to accomodate the raising part of shoes, thus more comfort.

Have you ever worn them? I have a pair and have never had this issue, Im sure it depends on your shoe type, if you are making athletic shoes this is not an issue.

I think its a bad idea, but I wish you luck. I would definently do your due dillignece before you dive in. Like I said I have done a ton of research on this area as we were planning to launch a company similar to this height increasing insoles

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
yap i wear them once a while.
you're right.
they would not cause problem if the shoes is flexible, such as sports shoes.
but bring discomfort in rigid (eg. leather) shoes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.