The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Since reading the book, how many have become successful?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So in your opinion, 3, perhaps 4 months is enough time for a Fastlane millionaire process to occur? The whole point of the book is that Fastlane success processes take years, not months. Not even a year into the book's release and what you'll find is that most people who are taking action are only in the initial stages of their "process" which usually is lined with failure.

skylizard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 22, 2011
Hasn't it been out since January? I've read a few stories about people doing it pretty quickly. Not trying to offend anyone who is still inthe process :(

vangorilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 15, 2011
South Florida
TMF has been a catalyst for my idea generation

Bought the book in August. I have read it at least 20 times. The key phrase I keep written in my idea journal "solve a problem or need".

Since then I have created 2 ebooks, have several website ideas and loads of ideas/products that fit the above requirement. My idea journal has exploded since reading TMF and am looking to hire an assistant to help me executing them.

The book forces you to look at what ideas have the ability work and make millions. The karate studio example (in TMF) is a great example. Stop chasing money, chase needs...the money will follow.

Think like a producer NOT a consumer is another good trait to adopt.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
What metrics equal success in your eyes?

Honestly, if I assume that by success you mean becoming a millionaire I think this book's "success rate" would be 0%. It takes years of dedicated process to become wealthy. Making $2777+ dollars a day does not happen quickly. However, I think a few of us are starting to reach "product market fit" which is very exciting.

Nonso

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 15, 2011
Just curious and wanting to read some post-book success stories.
:smxF:

Hi Skylizard,

I'm sorry I'm gonna be rude and answer your question with a question: Have you read the book?

If you have, can you kindly read it again. If you have not, then can you kindly read it.

You will find answers to your question in the book TMF

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
My post book success story is that I got a fire lit under me and I am pursuing my ideas and bringing them to life. Something that I probably wouldn't have done had I not been inspired by TMF . The success is...I'm changing lanes!

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
The book will become a best-seller, that's a given considering the depth of the content MJ has put together. But since it's barely one year old, many I believe are all in the middle of their forging process and it's a place not for the faint hearted.

It depends on where a person starts too. For existing entrepreneurs, this book might be the missing ingredient that has been holding them back from succeeding big. But for the wannabes like me, it's going to take years to forge that path. And like MJ have pointed out, there is a LOT of trial and error during this process.

If you want success stories, try coming back years later. Right now, it's all process inspired by the book. Events will have to come after.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Ok, I've got a better question.

Since reading the book, how many of you took any kind of action?

This could mean anything from starting your own business to self-educating yourself on a regular basis.

This is the right question. And on average, 90% won't and will not take any action. It doesn't matter if it's this book or any other.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
The book has certainly helped me feel a lot more successful. Not because I'm a millionaire now, but because it have me the fire and the path to understand what I need to be able to do in order to get my job done. It has also led me to about a dozen other great books, all helping understand what I need to do.

Been about one month so far.

CJLmeansBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 31, 2011
Boston - Ft. Lauderdale
I totally agree. No book is going to make you millionaire by virtue of having read it. It is all about action. Fortunately MJ's book cuts out a lot of the weeds and faux paths, and points you in the direction of how to really get to that destination. Although it can be easy to remain "parked", everyday since reading this book (about two months ago now) I have been consciously taking some form of action towards getting to where I want to be.

This could mean anything from starting your own business to self-educating yourself on a regular basis.

This is the right question. And on average, 90% won't and will not take any action. It doesn't matter if it's this book or any other.

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011

You are on point there Razvan, I've found that after almost 6 months of aggressive action towards understanding business and what it takes to succeed; I've learned more than I possibly could had I stayed in a 925. It is not necessarily easy as trying to forge a fastlane involves a lot of trial and error and looking at things from an infant's eyes; which in a lot of ways are very unnerving.

Dan S. Pena said in his book that if after 21 hours of reading his book no action was taken. Then no action WILL ever be taken. I suppose he too have seen one too many people only wish to be successful but not need to be successful.

ageofz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Aug 30, 2011
Austin, Texas
I've achieved success since reading this book. Before reading this book, I was a full-time college student making 2-3k a month. Now I'm graduated and make around 15k/month in passive income online.

Before reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I couldn't see myself making 6 figures a year in the next 2 years. Now I see myself making 6 figures a month in less than 2 years.

More than anything, the book keeps me motivated. Even though I've never met MJ, he's an inspiration and role model to me. I believe in myself more than ever now. I don't see failure, only success. I read about 20-30 minutes before I go to bed. I'm motivated and wake up with new ideas each day and a burning desire to work. I've already started forging new online businesses based off my first success. Each of them has 3x-5x more reach and at least 3x as much profit per unit.

I also use MJ's book to serve as a guideline for all my business projects. If it doesn't have fastlane potential, then I don't pursue it. I've had to reject several opportunities already because they failed to meet all of the commandments. His book isn't worth much to someone who isn't taking action. It's gold for those that do.

However, the book alone is not the reason why I'm seeing success. It's because I've had many failures online, learned from them and never gave up. I have hundreds of domains registered, each have a story attached - failure, lessons learned, and the growth in my value perception. I also developed very important skills for online businesses (design/development/seo/marketing etc) prior to reading his book.

The Millionaire Fastlane lets me know that I'm on the right track to success. It's like shooting for a bullseye with a wall of dartboards in front of you. Only 1 offers freedom, success and youth as the reward.

It's good to know I'm throwing at the right board.

Even if you read the best book on throwing darts, it's unlikely you will step up and hit bullseye on your first throw. You will need to develop your skills and not get discouraged when you miss. It's the same thing with business, you can't skip the process.

Keep throwin' :)

Mike A.B.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Amsterdam, Holland
Since then I have created 2 ebooks

Hey vangorilla, those 2 E-books you've created, where the subjects about something you know a lot about? Or did you find the need and then made a new E-book from fresh research? i.e. If the book was about baking apple pie did you know how to do it or did you collect recipe's and tips and poured it into one book?

Just beeing curious.

- Mike

darkjediii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, DC area
Since reading the book:

-I've closed down my consulting business because of losing my key personnel and my main contracts.

-In my 9-5 day job, I was told that I will be laid off by Feb. if I did not find anything internal by then as our firm lost the contract

-Lost some big money trying to generate leads for another company through PPC

-Talked and spent hours meeting with many potential investors for an idea and got turned down

-Wasted hours upon hours and gas money driving around at night and looking at locations to put up a business

-In my consulting business, we lost about 2 weeks worth of work on a web re-design project my team was working on and my client is on the verge of killing me. (Chatting with the developers as I type this.)

-a few weeks ago I lost a deal that I was working on for about 6 months.

-an investor backed out of a deal that would have made me some money

The above is just a select few of the many, many, many times I've "failed" since I've read the book.

I haven't had much sleep. I absolutely CRANK 7 days a week and drive over 100 miles to work at my 9-5 job. I spend about 20hours a week just on commuting. On my down time at work and when I get home in the evening at around 7:30-8pm, I "start my day" working on the business I am trying to build.

On top of it all, I work about 36 hours on the weekend to build my business. Somewhere in between, I manage to spend a little time with my growing daughter who just turned 3, I can't afford a nanny, so she comes with my wife and I when we're running around trying to grow our business. Alot of times we do not get home until midnight-2am on weekdays or weekends.Our office at home has many toys laying around because she plays while we work. I try to find time to cook and clean the house a couple of times a month.

I just turned 30 this month, but I am probably in my late 40s in "working years". I have been chasing the dream.. I wouldn't change a thing.

The book is an amazing guide on how to succeed beyond your wildest dreams. But there is a trade-off, it's up to you if you are willing to make those sacrifices. There is no doubt in my mind that MJ's writing will produce multi-millionaires in the near future.

Thank you, MJ, for writing the book. The principles that you've shared will stay with me in business for a very very long time. I am determined to succeed.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
-I've closed down my consulting business because of losing my key personnel and my main contracts.

-In my 9-5 day job, I was told that I will be laid off by Feb. if I did not find anything internal by then as our firm lost the contract

-Lost some big money trying to generate leads for another company through PPC

-Talked and spent hours meeting with many potential investors for an idea and got turned down

-Wasted hours upon hours and gas money driving around at night and looking at locations to put up a business

-In my consulting business, we lost about 2 weeks worth of work on a web re-design project my team was working on and my client is on the verge of killing me. (Chatting with the developers as I type this.)

-a few weeks ago I lost a deal that I was working on for about 6 months.

-an investor backed out of a deal that would have made me some money

All these failures sew the fabric of your success story. Without them, you wouldn't have a story to tell. Thanks for posting your process.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
darkjediii,

Thanks for posting your amazing progress - even if you listed a bunch of 'failures', I see them as successes because they're really getting you one step closer to realizing your dreams. You're doing great, and I hope I can rock it as much as you are - with the drive you have, there is no way you won't succeed. =)

pro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 5, 2011
Mum's Basement
I hit play on The Secret and manifested myself into a life coach, MLM rockstar...100% success rate
The Fast Lane stuff involved reading a book.

But really: It strengthened the case of focusing on business instead of other models like trading

vangorilla

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 15, 2011
South Florida
One of the ebooks is a skill I have developed over 20 years. So it would be categorized as a "how to".

The other is a book that shows a solution I created (and have been using for for 2 years) that affects millions of people every day.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
You know what's sad?

20% of the people here awesome. 20% of the people here will hit success, one way or another.

The other 80% is playing business. Success, like it or not is not natural. Therefore is achieved by the minority of people.

You can create the greatest business seminar and put MJ next to Dan Kennedy, Abraham, Gerber, Buffet and every other great mind in business. It can cost $10.000 but the members here (or anyone for that matter) would get in for free.

Only a minority will actually put the ideas to action. Only a minority will actually get more than motivation. Success is a habit. It must be repeated every day. It's a process.

You don't read a book and say "Damn, I'm going to be a success.". It doesn't work this day. Watch Tony Robbins and you'll understand why.

Instead, you wake up and say "Today I'm going to go through a process, one which I may not like, in order to achieve what I want to achieve". You repeat this decision daily. From Monday to Sunday. From 1st of January to 31 of December.

This is a better book than many business / motivational books out there. I admit that. But it doesn't come with a different audience. Just like in the case of Rich Dad, Poor Dad or whatever dad, some will take action some will say "I'm going to become rich someday".

Some woke up this morning, started their morning routine and then focused on their frog (highest important task, also the hardest) while also went directly to the XBOX. And no one can change that. Not even MJ. You can change my business perception but you can't change the way people think.

I've recently been to a "motivational seminar". I was a guest there. I wouldn't pay for something like this (even if I have a few very good motivational books in my library and I am a BIG student of psycho-cybernetics. Big as in daily).

What I've saw there surprised me. It was a room of losers who were trying to appear more interesting or better because they attended to this seminar. They weren't interested in what was being told there. They weren't interested in changing their life. They only wanted to feel good about themselves. They were just like the fat people who bought a gym membership just to brag with it.

The same here. There are several categories. I don't know the percentage but everyone should realize which is it:
1. The people who've read the book, understood it, took some action. Success doesn't come easy. But taking action, starting the process is success in itself. So if you have even made a small step as registering a LLC, congratulations. I want to shake your hand and tell you that I'm proud of you.

2. The people who've read the book but ARE TOO AFRAID TO TAKE ACTION. There is one extra element in taking action that most people ignore. This is the self-image. People must see themselves as winners in order to be winners. If they come with emotional baggage (as I've came, I've heard that I'm going to be a failure all my childhood) it tends to be difficult. The only thing I can say is to take a day off and try to understand yourself. Talk to yourself through a diary. Try to understand why you are sabotaging yourself.

3. The people who've read the book and feel like it would be a good idea to take action but they don't. This includes all the 12 year old "entrepreneurs" here who can't afford web hosting but want to become entrepreneurs, all the "this is too hard" people, all the "I'll do it SOMEDAY". That SOMEDAY never comes.

4. The people who bought the book but haven't even read it. I've bought about 40 books so far. I've also got an e-book reader which is more comfortable. From those 40 books, I've read only 20. Why? Some were impulse buys, some were interesting at the time, some were outdated by newer materials. So I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of the buyers didn't even actually read it.

This is my view. This book is great. It's not THAT GREAT, but enters the top 10 for me. I think that Psycho-Cybernetics and Think and Grow Rich should be read first before this one. But you can't change the way people think.

And you must stop kidding yourself if you are in those "unconfortable" categories. You are not joking anyone. You can post your plans and you can post your "good thoughts" all day long. If you haven't taken action, your bills are overdue and you haven't made a penny yet it's not because you are a start-up, it's because you are just lazy.

A start-up is not a magical realm where you can do great things until money come in. It's not a game. The money is limited. Sometime it's your own money. You must generate profit as soon as possible, at least to break even. If you can't generate profit so fast, get a freelancing job. If you can't do that (or better said, don't want to do that) then get venture capital. But again, don't kid yourself with the fact that you are going to make money someday if you are not making now.

You can be either pregnant or not. There's no "Half pregnant". You can either be involved in your new business and achieve great things or you can't. I never saw a part-time super successful person.

Razvan

CyrusVirus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jul 7, 2011
Pretty much summarized to "Do or do not... there is no try." Master Yoda.

From my experience of close to 6 months now, the biggest challenge for me was to move away from my old peers; most of them will have something to say about you thinking different. I've since kept very quiet around them, and revealed nothing about what I'm up to lately. I'm sure most who are taking action since reading the book have faced similar instances?

Also very peculiar is that ever since I changed my mindset and behaviors, I've crossed paths with like-minded individuals that share a very similar mindset and outlook in life. I've always believed that every choice you made backed by a belief will gravitate those same people into your life. This much I'm sure you all experience in one way or another.

Taking action is not necessary easy, because it involves looking at a gamut of entrepreneurial items from an infant's eyes. I've burn midnight oil just trying to figure out how to fix a line of code in html coding. This alone can discourage a lot of people already. Not to mention when things will eventually heat up down the road.

So succeed or not, I have respect for those who are willing to put themselves out there and fail. Critics who criticize people from the crowd but do not have the guts to stand on the podium are like lint on the ground. Of course there are some critics that mean good, so be discerning at the end of the day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.