The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling shovels in a gold rush...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Phenom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 7, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Here's a great story. MJ and others have mentioned that complaints = potential business opportunities.

This is a great example of “selling shovels in a gold rush”: this woman saw an opportunity by hearing a complaint: a customer told her he'd driven 2.5 hours to find the product). Took massive action and now has multi-millions dollars in sales.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/19/smallbusiness/woman-oil-boom/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TrendSettersInc

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 26, 2012
Southeast Michigan
I have a friend who works in the oil fields and 6 months ago he talked to me about making flame retardant clothing for his company. I set him up with distributors and explained how to get samples done and testing.

Nothing came of it because of his procrastination, Im sending this to him right now so it sinks in. You can lead a person to water but you cant make them drink.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.