The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Self Defense Courses

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hatteras guy,

regarding the booby trap your presume:
1. any accidental fate the intruder experiences must be well documented
2. the perp must survive and press charges
3. the perp must have a better lawyer
4. the perp must prove intent

Any homeowner should be familiar with the judicial concepts of attractive nuisance and guard against such, as you suggest. Not knowing such opens all kinds of liabilites, granted. Your arugument is the same for using a firearm to defend one's self and property. In non-castle states, UK, etc., people cand and have been prosecuted for defending their family and home.

Yet, your supposition is that worrying about the legal efficacy of the perps prosecutorial zeal outweighs my need to protect my family.

That is an unsupportable supposition in my world; my priorities differ.

Please provide an example of a booby trap.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon3587x

If you have a sign up which says "beware dog may bite"
or
"beware, booby traps"

Does this cover your a$$ when it comes to law suits?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
If you have a sign up which says "beware dog may bite"
or
"beware, booby traps"

Does this cover your a$$ when it comes to law suits?

No, you can't set traps. Ignore the above advice because if someone ever gets caught in one they will own your house.

What is legal in self defense depends on what state your in. In my state I can't touch them in the yard unless they pose a threat to me, ie coming at me with a weapon. If I see them out the window of my house stealing my truck I cannot open fire on them. Now if they come inside I can shoot them dead.

In Texas you can shoot them on your property. Texas has a couple cool laws leftover from the 19th century that are quite usefull.

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
Like ^eagle^ said your best bet is to run or to avoid a confrontation in any way you can. I don't have any advice with regards to what is a good style to train in for self defense but speaking as an Australian and being subject to the most strict gun control laws in the world I urge any Americans to use their constitutional right to carry a concealed weapon and learn how to use it effectively and safely under pressure.

No, you can't set traps. Ignore the above advice because if someone ever gets caught in one they will own your house.

What is legal in self defense depends on what state your in. In my state I can't touch them in the yard unless they pose a threat to me, ie coming at me with a weapon. If I see them out the window of my house stealing my truck I cannot open fire on them. Now if they come inside I can shoot them dead.

In Texas you can shoot them on your property. Texas has a couple cool laws leftover from the 19th century that are quite usefull.

Texas rocks, if I had a choice of anywhere to move in the USA I'd settle in Texas on good sized property an hour or so out of the city (10-20 acres) with a nice lifted truck and an arsenal of weapons :D. Cali might have better beaches, skiing, better wine country and be more lively, NY might be more wealthy and much more lively but for so many reasons including this Texas rocks.

michael

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 22, 2008
Australia
Please provide an example of a booby trap.

I guess the obvious would be some sort of hidden pit to fall into or animal traps but it can be simple as something like a trip wire which activates high powered floodlights and an audible alarm.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Start with a concealed carry class.

I was just recently a victim of a random violent crime in new york city. My best friend is a police ICE agent who carries concealed. He saved my life. I am overwhelmingly pro concealed carry now. It was the scariest and most traumatic thing thats ever happened to me. I had this adrenaline like knot in my stomach for days while throwing up. It is the worst experience ever thinking that a thug with baggy pants and an affinity for diamonds and shiny things had completed control over my life.

Stay safe people and be aware of your surroundings.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
SocialDude. Send your address to orders@vigilantpps.com and I will send you a personal alarm free of charge to keep with you. Taking back the element of surprise is half of the game. As you probably know now, buying 20 seconds to put some separation between you and the aggressor might be the difference between life and death. I preach Vigilance.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I second the recommendation (on this old thread) for Krav Maga, and I have a conceal carry class on 11/11

alex4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Oct 14, 2012
KRav maga depens who is teachign you. and krav maga is little overatted.
2.Boxing ( not kickboxing ) is not that expensive...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
KRav maga depens who is teachign you. and krav maga is little overatted.
2.Boxing ( not kickboxing ) is not that expensive...

Have you trained in Krav?

There isn't a boxer on the planet that could do anything (ANYTHING) to someone trained in Krav.

Krav's all about (and only about) survival.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
(Kung Fu) Steve --- what % of survival do you think comes down to attitude?

alex4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Oct 14, 2012
Yes, Dear Vigilante
1. if you learn boxing you have good stamina, endurance and you can do running ( you can run) its a good fighting style if you can run long long time. running is helpful.about endurance, yes it not easy to gain endurance but i know something that will make you feel better and gain better endurance faster.(tested on my self)
2.Defenitely boxing is better. Boxing is somethign more that the word Mr Vigilante.
3.we can talk i have nothing to do, just thinking about something and by the way i can answer your posts.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My question was :

Have you trained in Krav?

alex4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Oct 14, 2012
HEy there too, thanks for the link but i want to stick to this site to be honest. do You like bodybuilding?
2. what business? i am in. none.. wish i could like you just thinking about something..
Thinking about something and talking to you.
What about my intro?? ehh just nothing to say about my business Mike

Old threads: just want to help, talk to.

Last edited:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
:Welcome: English is not your native language I am assuming (hoping).

i want to stick to this site to be honest

By all means stay here, but you want to stick here because you want to start a business or learn about business right? Not just post on fitness threads

What about my intro?? ehh just nothing to say about my business Mike

You don't have to have a biz or even an idea for one to make an intro, just tell us a little about yourself so we know who you are and what your interests are

do You like bodybuilding?

No, but I stay in shape

alex4

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Oct 14, 2012
No, but I stay in shape

great
You don't have to have a biz or even an idea for one to make an intro, just tell us a little about yourself so we know who you are and what your interests are

my names is Bryan
thinking about business but need little help
By all means stay here, but you want to stick here because you want to start a business or learn about business right? Not just post on fitness threads

learn, to start? woudl be nice but dont think so. maybe if one person did not fail...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.