Enjoy Freedom? Money?

Get Breaking Fastlane Updates.
  1. the entrepreneurs red pill

Talk To Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs ... for FREE!

Some people take advice from millionaires, others take advice from people who want to be millionaires. If you're tired of taking millionaire advice from your broke uncle, your paycheck-to-paycheck friend, or your 30K millionaire co-worker, register today and get the uncensored, and yes, the sometimes uncomfortable truth from real millionaires who live and die in the entrepreneurial trenches.
    register for the fastlane forum

Start Your Own Personal Revolution: Grab the Book that Started it All!

Get The Millionaire Fastlane ||| Download 3 FREE Chapters ||| Learn More

Rules & Regulations, LAWS

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by Dilshad, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Dilshad

Dilshad PARKED

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10
    Hi all,
    So in near future I am deciding on doing a home-based retail online business and probably import/exporting internationally. So my concerns before even deciding on starting is this:

> What are the rules and regulations if I do business within state of Virginia?

>Any specific laws which I need to know beforehand, the "do's" and "cant do" kind of a thing.

>I want to follow all legal issues, and follow all rules in regards to retail and import/exporting business. So let me know how or where can I obtain this information? Since I am totally new to business category.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Admin Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $22,351
  3. CarrieW

CarrieW 100 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $727
    1 person likes this.
  4. Esquire

Esquire 120 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $498
    That was cool, M.J. Never seen that "LMGTFY" feature before. Learn something new every day ...

To the O.P.: There is no simple answer to your question (too broad). Kinda like asking ... "I want to open a doctor's office ... what do I need to know?" Beats me ... just have to start researching. You need to do your homework as relates to your own business or (better yet) hire a knowledgeable Virginia business lawyer (and play 20 questions). If that's not in the budget ... consider winging it until it is.

Another idea is subscribing to Westlaw's unlimited online CLE service. It's about $70 per month but you get access to thousands of online seminars. Sure ... it is designed for lawyers and presented by lawyers ... but you can still learn a lot from the seminars (even without a law degree) ... learn about what issues are on the forefront ... or get acquainted with all sorts of basic legal considerations.

(and its a lot cheaper than hiring a lawyer!)

I think its a bargain.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Dilshad

Dilshad PARKED

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10
    Thanks, but where can I find authentic paper/documents for my import/export and regular business needs? I mean how do I know which ones I will need to use and which ones not? Where can I get access for it?
  6. CarrieW

CarrieW 100 kph FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $727
    Try to do an amazon search for import/export businesses. Check some of those books out in the link I posted they have a lot of the forms u need.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Dilshad

Dilshad PARKED

Speed Points:
    Rep Bank:
    $10
    Thanks will give a shot on those books and see samples of it.
Certain Xenforo Add-Ons by Waindigo