The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Residency vs. Manufacture vs. Incorp vs. Virtual Office??

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Can someone help me straighten this out? ha

Is it possible to live in one state, manufacture my product in another state (on a regular basis) and incorporate in yet another (like Delaware or Nevada)?

Also, if you have a virtual office should it be tied to one of the above?

Any helpful input is appreciated :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Yes it's possible.

Incorporating is easy and inexpensive. Check out Delaware incorporation as a non-resident.

Manufacturing and selling over state lines may be subject to different taxes, but that's not a worry until you start making money. When you do start making money, get an accountant and have them go over it with you.

And, of course, as a resident of a state you're subject to whatever state tax you owe.

What do you mean by having a virtual office tied to one or another?

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
What do you mean by having a virtual office tied to one or another?

Thanks for asking @The-J ...I've never had a virtual office so I guess I am wondering how it looks from a business or professional standpoint if you have an office address that is somewhere completely different from every other address you have related to your business, and I am thinking about what gives it more legitimacy. Does that make sense?

Example: you live in Ontario but decide you want a virtual office in Montreal because that's where you think alot of your high-end clients would be, or that it would look better on your letterhead, product materials, or website for whatever reason. But it's not where you live, and it's not where your product is manufactured. Would that look strange to business contacts, vendors, customers, whoever? I am thinking someone would need, or at least want, a legitimate reason for their office to be wherever it is. I mean, if someone asked you about it what would you say?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.