The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Remember, faux wealth destroys real wealth

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
To be fair, the social conditioning is pretty deep. I still occasionally find myself thinking "You should get a sweet car"... It's not purely intellectual, so you've gotta have some sympathy for folks because many have never had anybody that knew any better in their lives.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Remnant

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 9, 2015
There is a lot of condescension toward slowlaners & sidewalkers on this board. Just remember these people are the glue that hold our society together - police, firefighters, garbage men, janitors, retail & restaurant workers, plumbers, carpenters, etc.

They answer your phone, package your goods, code your websites, and paint your rental units...

They buy your widgets, subscribe to your services, rent your apartments...

Totally agreed man - I respect these people and appreciate what they do.

Also - just because you know of 'fastlane' mindset and thus do not implement it - does not make you better than these people.

Knowlege has to be applied...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hassen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Mar 13, 2015
Well, I'm not pissed off by sidewalkers since I don't personally know any. Why keep in touch with people who piss you off anyway?

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Live simple, live with what you have. When your wealth upgrades, your lifestyle does not have to as well.

Look at life as a game where your objective is to win your freedom.

You begin the game enslaved, ordained to servitude sanctified by culture, tradition, and social mores.

Your objective in the game is to escape enslavement by sorting out the rules and propaganda that govern the game, which to ignore, which to leverage, and which to defy. In this game you collect experience points (failures, successes), gold (money), tools, assets, and tweak your character skills (learning new things).

Begin knowing that your knowledge of this game is half the battle -- those trapped in the game have no idea they're being gamed.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
"Why do you drive a Cavalier, I thought you made good money"
"Cause I'd rather have 20k in the bank than in a car"
"Ooooh"
I think he got it. But he's still going to trade in for a fatter whip when his lease is up.

In all fairness, you should drive something more modern than a cavalier. I drove a beretta (almost the same car), and it was a shitbox that almost killed me on more than one occasion.

I'm not arguing you should go lease a brand new BMW 5 series, but I would seriously consider getting something more modern and safer. That 20k wouldn't get you very far if your shitbox takes you on a one way drive to snap city.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
In all fairness, you should drive something more modern than a cavalier. I drove a beretta (almost the same car), and it was a shitbox that almost killed me on more than one occasion.

I'm not arguing you should go lease a brand new BMW 5 series, but I would seriously consider getting something more modern and safer. That 20k wouldn't get you very far if your shitbox takes you on a one way drive to snap city.
It's a 2005 with only 70,000 km on it ;) Best shitbox ever

Last edited:

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
It seems there is a bit of insecurity in this thread.

Who the F*ck cares if he/she's decked out in designer goods and drives the nicest car? Seriously. You jealous? Envious?

I absolutely love it. It tells me SO much about a person. It's how they identify themselves. What image they want to project. It indicates their aspirations. Perhaps even their social class.

And if i'm being completely transparent - I like nice things.

But like many of you (and some entrepreneurs), I'd rather have ducks on the pond. Seeds in the soil. You give me money, and you better believe I'll try to multiply it. I'll attempt to do "more" with it. I'll have it work in my favor.

Playing the capitalism game is more entertaining, fulfilling, and practical than "stunting" around with a debt-ridden commodity celebrating the occasional glance. For many people, however, emotion will continue to outweigh logic and/or financial literacy for some time to come.

Last edited:

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Nothing wrong with driving a nice car IMO or owning nice stuff. Just as long as it doesn't cut into your freedom. That's the biggest thing. Sure I could afford a car twice as expensive but would it really make me any happier(maybe a little), but it would also cause me stress bc it would take away some freedom. So, once I can easily afford the car that is twice as expensive then I'll buy it! I am also a lifelong car enthusiast and while to some degree it is a status symbol it is primarily for my enjoyment and satisfaction.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA

Who the F*ck cares if he/she's decked out in designer goods and drives the nicest car? Seriously. You jealous? Envious?

I absolutely love it. It tells me SO much about a person. It's how they identify themselves. What image they want to project. It indicates their aspirations. Perhaps even their social class.

And if i'm being completely transparent - I like nice things.

But like many of you (and some entrepreneurs), I'd rather have ducks on the pond. Seeds in the soil. You give me money, and you better believe I'll try to multiply it. I'll attempt to do "more" with it. I'll have it work in my favor.

Playing the capitalism game is more entertaining, fulfilling, and practical than "stunting" around with a debt-ridden commodity celebrating the occasional glance. For many people, however, emotion will continue to outweigh logic and/or financial literacy for some time to come.

Yeah, I mean, if they're truly happy then whatever do your thing. But too many ppl at Starbucks or who have nice cars complain about their income or money in the bank. This thread is for them

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015

I care lots when it's my parents and sister doing things like this. Ballin on credit

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Yeah, I mean, if they're truly happy then whatever do your thing. But too many ppl at Starbucks or who have nice cars complain about their income or money in the bank. This thread is for them

This thread is for people who feel they are victims of their own predicament and choices?

For these people, the relationship between consumption and production has vastly teetered in favor of consumption. They simply consume more than they produce. Throw in a little bit of financial illiteracy and a victimhood mentality - and you have the person complaining about their financial plight instead of working (literally & figuratively) to solve it.

Faux wealth does not destroy real wealth outright. Lack of production does.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.