The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommended TMF to someone who said they were depressed, in college and..

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Failing.

He also said he felt hopeless about life, that he was failing (well not literally, but not doing too great) in college because he wasn't motivated enough to do any of the work, and that he never wanted to be in college in the first place but was pressured to go (by the parents of course). All his friends are doing great and left, and he still lives in the same State he was born in, etc. Said he wanted to take that feeling of being a pathetic loser and replace it with self-esteem and hope.

Well, I said that if college isn't what he wants to do, then to do a little poking around and learn a little about business. I explained to him all the benefits of it (well, most of the good ones at least) and how they could help in his situation.

THEN I showed him the first chapter of The Millionaire Fastlane ... he thanked me 3 times in a single reply... Said it was inspirational to say the least, and that he was "certainly" going to buy the book and keep reading, and that hopefully it would help him get out of his spiral.

feels-good-man-dog.jpg

Feels good to help someone out like that and give them a small spark of inspiration/hope (all credit to MJ of course). I told him to keep me updated on things and he said that he would.

Just thought I would share how MJ helped yet another person out, and potentially saved their life (yeah, that's a shot in the dark but hey, it's possible).

- Gold

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ãœbertreffen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 17, 2012
Haha, I liked the photo. Dogs are great and some of their actions just make me giggle. :D

It's always a great feeling to help others. Hopefully he actually moves forward with reading the book and follow a passion that is up his alley.

- Devin

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I enabled my FB just to post a link to the book and hopefully it will help someone... I also made a small introductory to the book, so if anyone can relate, then they'll buy the book. I doubt it though, everyone seems too busy liking pics of the dumbest things. LOL

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
He also said he felt hopeless about life, that he was failing (well not literally, but not doing too great) in college because he wasn't motivated enough to do any of the work, and that he never wanted to be in college in the first place but was pressured to go (by the parents of course). All his friends are doing great and left, and he still lives in the same State he was born in, etc. Said he wanted to take that feeling of being a pathetic loser and replace it with self-esteem and hope.

Almost sounds like my state of mind after I left college. I was failing at happiness.

I knew I wasn't born to take the predisposed path. Hopefully your friend finds his answer though the road of entrepreneurship, Fastlane or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.