The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommend a formatting course

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Hi folks!

Do you do your formatting yourself?

If so, how did you learn?

I am really looking for a video course that shows me exactly what to do. The program, how to make paragraph, chapter breaks, adding covers ect. Word/text doc to kindle/epub

Any recommendations?

Much appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Yes!
There is really nothing to formatting, it's the proof reading, ghostwriting, and beta-readers(if you have them) that are a pain.

I don't know why people have such a problem formatting, I think it is because everyone has a "strict" interpretation of the requirements.

If you follow the KDP publishing guidlines you will see many criteria. HOWEVER, you only have to meet the minimum requirements.
For example you can center your titles, or put them on the left or right margin if you want, text can be justified or not etc. etc.
Amazon says you should not play with different font sizes and bold text etc. etc., however in practice this is all OK -- I've tested it and published it!
Also I have published a few books that don't fit in the guidlines at all, I made them to fit my "optics" and nothing else and they still passed.

Here's a video and a cheatsheet for free, I'm remaking this video (I know the quality sucks! it was my first try OK?):
www.zbooks.co

Hope you like it and PLEASE give me any feedback to my ideas.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
p.s.
Like said I will be updating that video soon, and then I will show you the next step: how to how to finish it with calibre.
Simple! No .html or coding required. Look at the graphics provided for now.

I am developing this course for total beginners like you and me so you can get a professional looking Ebook to the amazon platform as quickly and easily as possible.

In the meantime you can check out someone who is doing something similar at udemy and fedora and skillshare etc.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Yes!
There is really nothing to formatting, it's the proof reading, ghostwriting, and beta-readers(if you have them) that are a pain.

I don't know why people have such a problem formatting, I think it is because everyone has a "strict" interpretation of the requirements.

If you follow the KDP publishing guidlines you will see many criteria. HOWEVER, you only have to meet the minimum requirements.
For example you can center your titles, or put them on the left or right margin if you want, text can be justified or not etc. etc.
Amazon says you should not play with different font sizes and bold text etc. etc., however in practice this is all OK -- I've tested it and published it!
Also I have published a few books that don't fit in the guidlines at all, I made them to fit my "optics" and nothing else and they still passed.

Here's a video and a cheatsheet for free, I'm remaking this video (I know the quality sucks! it was my first try OK?):
www.zbooks.co

Hope you like it and PLEASE give me any feedback to my ideas.

Nice job. Thank you very much :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.