The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real Estate sales vs Commercial Cleaning

business224

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2016
Hi all,

I found this forum after reading the book. I would like some advice from business minded people. I am currently in Real Estate sales as a Realtor. Some people make big money by starting brokerages and teams. That was my goal getting into the business. However it has been a tough winter. Many deals are falling apart on me and it seems like I do not have much control over my business and it is starting to bother me. I have been at a cross road on weather I should open a commercial cleaning company due to the ability to scale it and have repeat income. What business do you feel has more potential? Any business advice would be great because I am investing a lot of time into Real Estate and not getting much of a return.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Businesses are like real estate. It depends on your market.

In mine it's a nightmare getting reliable cleaning staff so there's no way I'd consider it. But RE is super hot here right now, so I'd focus on that instead (flipping, wholesaling, selling).

Your market will vary.

jazb

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Nov 24, 2013
The U.K
I don't know where you are so i do not know the laws. but perhaps you could focus on residential cleaning to start with. learn how to market and get the jobs (a good door to door direct marketing campaign should do it).

then you can find the good, reliable cleaners and sub contract the jobs to them.( tons of women who would do part time cleaning) its better to pay them per job and not a weekly payroll when starting out.

you aren't doing any cleaning yourself and provided you have good systems in place, you could probably do both cleaning and real estate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.