The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reading...the ultimate tool

Anything related to matters of the mind

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Please read, all the way till I finish.please

Hello fastlaners.. I think reading is the ultimate tool we can have.

The first 300+ page book that I have ever read was Mj;'s fastlane book.

I felt intriugued, never thinking I would completely read a 300 page book in my life.
So I ordered a book called the Idiots guide to becoming rich(yea i know)
and have read other books as well.

Now I notice that I have a slightly better memory or maybe it is just the pscyhology that reading makes you smarter.

But anyways I googled up the benefits of reading and came across this
---enhanced smarts
---reading reduces stress
---improved analytical thinking
---increased vocabulary
---improved memory
---helps prioritize goals

Now what tool can offer a benefits such as this.

And for those who dont like reading, just try reading a book about something that you are interested. Because I sure as hell am interested about learning to how manage money the right way.

I believe reading can be the ultimate tool and can be used for something in your area that you want to know more in depth about.

Example; a person wanting to lose weight can be told what exercises to do and what to eat. But if this person got a good book on weight loss and read the whole thing. He can probably gain enough knowledge and possibly know more than his counterparts just from a simple book that he read. This person could probably know about how metabolism affects losing weight while his friends who dont read just know what ab routines will give you ripped abs. Reading can give you the extra edge.

Now imagine what can happen if you read a book about something you wanted to know about and apply it to your life................

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It's very cool that you found your reading niche. Now, go back in time and tell your younger you the value of reading. :)

Capital Life

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 8, 2010
Lincoln Il
I would have to say that I wish I had some better teachers in my school days that taught us that. We were "Forced" to read. I HATED to read. Read this. Read that. Write a report on both. Get good grades on it. Take this test.... blah blah. Fiction bored the crap out of me and wasted my time. I wanted to read how to books and they always said "NO!" "That's not in the curriculum." So I grew up knowing the value of reading (from my parents) but learned (or decided at a young age) to hate it.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I would have to say that I wish I had some better teachers in my school days that taught us that. We were "Forced" to read. I HATED to read. Read this. Read that. Write a report on both. Get good grades on it. Take this test.... blah blah. Fiction bored the crap out of me and wasted my time. I wanted to read how to books and they always said "NO!" "That's not in the curriculum." So I grew up knowing the value of reading (from my parents) but learned (or decided at a young age) to hate it.

I will agree with you on that. I am a science teacher during the day. I have repeatedly asked for the kids to be allowed to read what interests them. The powers that be do not agree.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
if only their was a book on time travel

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I have repeatedly asked for the kids to be allowed to read what interests them. The powers that be do not agree.

That's too bad, because it's necessary to a degree. I didn't even learn how to read until I found something worth reading. I'm sure I would have learned how to read 'reasonably well' by grade... Oh. Five, if I never ran into anything I wanted to read. But I would have turned into another one of those people who can't receive a whole paragraph without saying "omg thats 2 much 2 read"...

It's a frightening thought to be the kind of person who can't stand to read 30 words, but they're plentiful. I would bet most of them are like that because reading is a chore.

Now I just wish that list of benefits applied to me. ;p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.