The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Read the book, now joining the community!

Captain Scarlet

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 5, 2013
Hello All,

I've finished MJ's book and just starting to read it again and start taking some action.

Well, when I say taking action I really mean changing direction. I've been running a business for a couple of years and it's doing quite well. The problem is I keep pulling over into the slowlane and then switch back to the fastlane. Why am I doing this?

I've accumulated cash and I'm looking to invest for the long term (slowlane strategy) so I can get some decent returns. I've looked at property and stocks. Not purchased any properties yet, but have purchased some stocks. The thing is, I'm a bit of a research geek so I've spent months reading up on property and stocks (including attending some seminars) and I in that time I've been neglecting my business. Has it suffered? No, but it hasn't moved on either.

I've been putting some thought into this over the last few weeks and then a moment of clarity came over me when reading The Millionaire Fastlane . What gives me the greatest return? Stocks? Not really, as I have to do a lot of research to figure out the best stocks to buy. Property? Not really, as I have to wait years for some capital growth.

What I should be focusing on is my business as it kicks-a$$ when it comes to return on investment (compared with property and stocks). I'm putting the books about property and stocks on the shelf and keeping MJ's book on my Kindle. This is clearly a costly a mistake if I had continued this way. I'm fastlane one minute and then slowlane the next minute (never been a sidewalker and never will).

Looking forward to joining the community and getting involved.

That's all :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...